40mm edf mount

swampxxl

Attachments

• 51BYsYJADeL._SL1061_.jpg
    51BYsYJADeL._SL1061_.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0

telnar1236

Elite member
Do you have these three dimensions? Also, what is the application you want to use the fan in, and how do you plan to attach it to your plane (preferably with pictures)? No promises on if I'll have time to put something together, but this is information anyone who might be able to help would need, or that you would need to be able to make it yourself. There are also a ton of resources available online and Fusion360 is free for hobbyists
1710627382993.png

swampxxl

Hi thanks for responding. The plan is to remove the mounting holes of the EDF. I'm planning to mount the EDF on this model. It's made from EPP. Hoping it will have enough thrust. The way I'm going to mount it, is by cutting a small slot and push in the bottom part (see arrow) fixing it in place with some uhu por.

Attachments

• 20240317_110536.jpg
    20240317_110536.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • large_display_35mm-impellerduese-02_125816(1).jpg
    large_display_35mm-impellerduese-02_125816(1).jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 0

God717887

Hey guys,

Just got into the hobby and was wondering if I could be making a trainer like a cub or something like that for a starter airplane?
By the way, do you think you could use use a 70mm EDF 12 blade with a 2200Mah Lipo battery and a 80Amp ESC system and how much thrust do you think it would give you approx.?

L Edge

Master member
Hi thanks for responding. The plan is to remove the mounting holes of the EDF. I'm planning to mount the EDF on this model. It's made from EPP. Hoping it will have enough thrust. The way I'm going to mount it, is by cutting a small slot and push in the bottom part (see arrow) fixing it in place with some uhu por.

Got a suggestion for you if you want to try it. To mount the EDF, all you need to do is take some spare foam and make 2 foam walls where you glue the walls to the plane and then to the EDF mount. This model makes an ideal EDF trainer since it takes only 6 pieces.

IMG_0275.JPG

If you look closely, you can see the blue foam between the black EDF and the brown basswood.
It is also lightweight and makes the CG balancing easier.

mount1.JPG

I used this system on other planes and I even stopped using the basswood. So it was only using the foam material and glue..

You might have to put some reflex in to make it fly.