A few pics from our FTFF16

97tj-neil

Back home after our trek to FTFF16, and I thought I would post a few pics.

We had a great weekend. We were able to meet a few freinds from the forums in person for the first time. Among others, namely Rasterize, TEARJ66, EarthSciTeach, wilsonman, Nerdnic, and Localfiend. We also got to talk to a couple of guys from the After Hours Podcast.

Probably the most rewarding part of the weekend was working 2 volunteer shifts in build tent 3. Teaching first timers and young kids some of the FT build techniques and sharing tools is a great way to make new friends. Andre is a class act and put a ton of effort into coordinating all of the volunteer shifts.

After all that, we still got to spend more time flying than I expected. The weather Saturday was perfect, with light wind.

Here are the pics. If anyone else has some to share, I would love to see them.

Build tent 3 was busy all weekend.

1A63B9D1-CC83-42FD-BFF7-24E033828AFA_zpsr1xcqc40.jpg

122FF5B9-3E2B-4FD3-BDC5-2015BBE160C3_zpsbar7gns7.jpg

Here is the giant PBY that Loalfiend spent most of his weekend building. Unfortuantely, we never got to see it fly.

A5AC7A2D-98FC-4F32-A5D8-83217BA94EE5_zpsjlhjknfl.jpg

Giant builds were everywhere, in prep for the Saturday combat.

FB6B6131-6F9C-46FB-9B92-A14921441EF9_zpscvsbfsyp.jpg

Rasterize was in our build tent working on his Miss America skinned FT Mustang.

89C31659-00AD-44C7-901B-71C6D6146CEA_zpskutahaa6.jpg

And here is the mini baron his "friends" skinned for him for the dawn patrol.

4D6DC265-F621-4941-B9CE-194671DED3B9_zpsmhq58xqa.jpg

Speaking of dawn patrol, here is Rasterize with all of the dawn patrol mini barons and baby brits he provided skins for. He also printed a poster for each of us to take home that has all of the skins represented (you can see it in the pic above). He is another example of the awesome people this community is made of.

4EE2CF4D-1F51-4F58-943B-9FA1D42A2CA5_zps8bzfb1im.jpg

The Saturday combat was crazy. Here are our 2 Bloody Barons post combat. My black baron ejected the power pod due to a full speed head on collision with an unknown adversary. I cut him clean in half. both ends of my skewer were still in the fuse, and the pod went another 30-50 yards into the soybeans. Someone found it and called me - my ph number was on the pod along with my FAA number. It was good to get the electronics back. My son's baron dived onto the giant nutball and was destroyed.

8253D847-7114-41F6-9E6A-67F78010C40F_zpsolu2bxtm.jpg

Looking forward to next year!

BEEMANS

NEVER FLY WITHOUT IT
Photos

Hey 97tj-neil Thanks for posting the photos this was my first Flite fest and I was a bit overwhelmed. I did not take any photos. I am the guy with the blue and white hat in the first pic.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
And here is the mini baron his "friends" skinned for him for the dawn patrol.

Hey! I thought we took Rasterize's suggestion for a design and brought it to reality quite well.

:p

Many thanks to Dale 'localfiend' for the excellent graphics work on this project :)

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Hey! I thought we took Rasterize's suggestion for a design and brought it to reality quite well.

:p

Many thanks to Dale 'localfiend' for the excellent graphics work on this project :)

No problem, thanks for heading it up and building it. Drawing it up was too much fun. Man we're evil. :cool:

It was great meeting you guys in person. Flite Fest is awesome. Here's the PBY in action for those that saw the build but missed the flight.

I'm hoping there is some more footage out there. I got to fly it around one evening with Josh on the Giant Sea Duck, and Dan and Keegan with their intruders. That was a lot of fun.

97tj-neil

Hey 97tj-neil Thanks for posting the photos this was my first Flite fest and I was a bit overwhelmed. I did not take any photos. I am the guy with the blue and white hat in the first pic.

Beemans, it was good meeting you, and I know that guy across the table from you appreciated all of your help.

97tj-neil

Local, thanks for posting the video. Looks like she flies real well. What happened to the PBY after you left for home?

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Local, thanks for posting the video. Looks like she flies real well. What happened to the PBY after you left for home?

I left it with Josh Bixler. Hopefully they'll get a chance to fly it off water with the Giant Sea Duck.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
No problem, thanks for heading it up and building it. Drawing it up was too much fun. Man we're evil. :cool:

It was great meeting you guys in person. Flite Fest is awesome.

I can't agree more! I do love my "Hello Kitty" Baby Baron! Thanks again to localfiend and rockyboy for their collaboration.