A little something "Special"

Mac82

Foam scraps? I got plenty
I took a break from my camel build to work on a couple of the details that I'm going to be using on that model. So so for now here is a Pitts Special.

I started with the fire wall and motor mount

A thrust angle of 3° down and 3° right was built into the motor mount

I ended up having to trim 5mm from around the perimeter

Next I added the fuselage sides and formers

I kinda built this one from the outside in. :)

Motor and all formers in place

Tail feathers. I had no problems keeping them strait on this model
Before I glued them in place I added a couple pieces of tooth picks to help secure the v stab to the h stab

Here we have the lower wing half built. I'm a fan of using a balsa spar over a foam spar. Here you can also see the top over the L shaped arm that I used for the aileron controls

Back to the front here is the cowell and you can see the former I added to the inside lip of the nose around the motor.

The main gear wire top wing and cabines in place

Who likes my pants :)

she's starting to come to gather, now it's time to start painting

I kinda went nutz with the spray paint :) but I made sure I tapped up the tail wheel

Hopefully these stripes will help with visibility

All biplane models should have rigging wires

I give you stubby the special little Pitts

WS: 31 1/4
LG: 25 3/4
Tenurgry 1400kv
H K. 20A esc
8x5 & 10x6 props

The only thing that's left is to connect the control surfaces and solder a battery connector th the esc and she's ready to fly.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read

Mac82

Foam scraps? I got plenty
Alright I finally finished setting up the aileron controls. I had to re jigger the servo placement from a single servo in the fuselage to one in each lower wing.
Final checks and as long as the weather holds out then I'll have a maiden flight video for y'all soon