A really cheap transmitter with receiver

KevinChaa

Guys, I am a new member to this forum and I am really new into this hobby,which is flying a RC plane. I am very interested in scratch building my own RC plane but I have my budget set really low. I couldn't afford a transmitter that cost me RM300(around USD100), say a DX5e. It's quite expensive for me as a student.

The reason I say the price is almost USD100 is because they sell it more expensive here in my country and very very less vendor is selling them.

My question is, is there any cheaper radio transmitter that comes together with a compatible receiver that I can use in building my first plane? I need 4 channel for my first plane and that's it. It doesn't have to be branded but at least reliable.

P/s: I am really new and I'm from Malaysia.

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor

RoyBro

Mentor
If you can afford a little more, the Turnigy 9x is a great deal at usd $59.99 from Hobby King.

It is much more programmable than the HK 6ch above, and you don't need a computer to do so. Also, if you want, you can flash the transmitter with OpenTX, just like the Taranis uses.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
In your corner of the world the Devo Transmitters are pretty popular. Don't know the local cost though.

Thurmond

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
In your corner of the world the Devo Transmitters are pretty popular. Don't know the local cost though.

Thurmond
I have a Devo 7 that I really like, (actually, my first radio) But I am on the wrong side of the world. Rx's are about $40-50 each here. I would hope they are cheaper where you are. Programing is a bit odd sometimes, but I like the feel of the radio AND it has a backlit lcd! (which I miss on the dx7s)

KevinChaa

This one look like a really affordable set of radio. But I have never own one of these before hence I am not certain about how to program a transmitter. But I will look into it myself. For a beginner like me will it bug me too much if it's like what you said that it's a little pain when programming it?

KevinChaa

Now since I'm at the other side of the world, I am facing another problem which hobbyking doesn't ship them here. What a big bummer. Sigh

KevinChaa

May I know what are the basic Devo transmitter? Which is easy and has less channel to use. Really great information provided guys. Really appreciate it.