a swappable jet

earthsciteach

If you like pulse jets, why not give it a go, check out this english guy (colinfurze)
with his tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ceYtR22Ww

Ok, he's a bit weird / load (ADHD), but builds kettles, BBQ's and motorcycles with his pulse jets... :)

EDIT: and he forgets the responsible "Don't try this at home part ...", might want to turn down the volume

I wish this guy was my neighbor! He and I would get along quite nicely. The rest of the neighborhood would hate us...

earthsciteach

So, has an edf size been decided? I say, build a swappable edf, then a swappable pulse jet. C'mon - its only $100! I WILL be purchasing one of these if it gets decent reviews!

andy_spoo

As an 'English Guy' I can say he's definitely typical. Stubborn as hell, won't give up, stops for a cup of tea in the middle ! But, he does seem a bit mental :)

Johan

I wish this guy was my neighbor! He and I would get along quite nicely. The rest of the neighborhood would hate us...

Well, he's a scratch builder all right :)
Where I live the neighbours are like 20 ft away, but a pulse jet would be one of the few things to outrank the lady next doors voice in decibels :)

Johan

We'll get this guy and all move into Cybers neighborhood! Wheee!

LOL, In that case CD would not be concern of the neighbor anymore, instead those pulse jet bicycles running through the streets at 50 mph would draw some attention :)

Johan

As an 'English Guy' I can say he's definitely typical. Stubborn as hell, won't give up, stops for a cup of tea in the middle ! But, he does seem a bit mental :)

Love that English style of doing stuff, I assume 'bit' (as in bit mental) is a typical English understatement :)

PS: Loved Bryan Mays Toy stories episode about the sail plane and Topgears episode with the home -made hovercraft.
The only reason that I don't post links is that I might be accused of spamming (posted those twice already) ...

Johan

that was weird and inappropriate language but that might work {i said might}

I hope you're referring to the language in the video, or is there something I missed (I'm not a native English speaker...) :)

B.T.W: And I'm not the guy in the video ....

EDIT: oops, I just googled Jettle, that was a term I could not know as non native speaker :eek:
Sorry if it was inappropriate, wouldn't have known... I just thought it was a contraption op Jet and Kettle, which seems pretty reasonable .

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I hope you're referring to the language in the video, or is there something I missed (I'm not a native English speaker...) :)

B.T.W: And I'm not the guy in the video ....

EDIT: oops, I just googled Jettle, that was a term I could not know as non native speaker :eek:
Sorry if it was inappropriate, wouldn't have known... I just thought it was a contraption op Jet and Kettle, which seems pretty reasonable .
Kids these days. Shoot, Johan, I AM a native speaker and the only thing I thought about jettle was the same thing you did, contraction of jet and kettle.

Johan

Thanks xuzme720,
I thought it was just me...

Well, it is the same all around the globe I guess, the youth over here sometimes uses expressions we (In my case read 40+, ahum better make that 50-) have never heard of .... :)

People with kids in that age range are probably more likely to keep up, but we just have a cat .. and she's not very talkative :)

.XxBensterxX.

Intermediate Hobbyist
I think there should be a swappable jet. I said there should be more swappables in Flite Test's store and a jet would be cool. Build one lol.