About battery

Kushal Biswas

Hello, can i use a simple 9v battery instead of 2s lipo. I'm just trying to check whether the new received components r working or not.

Kushal Biswas

Hello, can i use normal 9v battery instead of a 2s lipo, for checking whether my my newly bough things are working or not?? The only lipo i had got damaged tats why..... :D

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
What items are you trying to check? Ultimately it depends on the allowable input voltages for each of those items.

slipshift

Check out the voltage range of any of the components you plan on connecting to the battery. For example, a TowerPro SG90 has an operating voltage of 4.2-6v. On the other hand, a FrSky D4R-II receiver can use between 3.5-10 volts. Best to check and good luck.

Jim

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
If you are powering the Rx and Servos through an ESC/BEC then you could get away with it but beware a small 9V battery will not supply much current and the voltage might not hold up especially if the motor is connected and has an idle current that is relatively high.

For testing I normally use an old LiPo that is no longer suitable for flying but and only if your ESC can handle 3S input you could use a car or motorcycle battery to do your testing.

Have fun!