Air to air video shoot goes bad

My father was filming me with an FPV quad, he said he couldn't see me so I foolishly searched the sky's for him. When I looked back I had just enough time to see my Fidget disappear behind a tree so I made the stupid decision to power up and climb, or at least that was the plan. even though the Fidget could have gone up vertically on three quarters of thrust by the time I could see ti again it was up side down so I cut the throtal and waited for the thud of EPP hitting the ground.

The story ends with a plane that's fin snapped right off and a bent wing tip. In the Video taken by my dad (which I'll try to find) the crash is seen, turns out my plane just spiralled down on it's own.

MrClean

I don't know how many times over the years I've heard even experienced pilots say they've gotten sidetracked watching someone elses plane. Last time it happened to me we were flying en masse trying to hit a foam target. I missed, rotated out to come around again but the guy right behind me hit the target pretty good and I high fived him. About 20 seconds later I remembered I was supposed to still be flying. Luckily the plane had just continued straight out from when I turned it away and was in the tall grass undamaged.

kacknor

Build another!
Tanks for that you have made me feel less embarrassed about having been so foolish

No reason to feel embarrassed. We only shake our heads for a second or two as our own experience kicks in. ;)

I lost a blade 200QX that way. Just a split second glance at a car while it was at altitude. I suspect it ended up in a pond, but I'll never know for sure...

Glue & carbon fiber are wonderful things. Fly!

JD