ALL of central USA :)

pittboss84

I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Are there any rc pilots around me? And epicstrikard. I used to live in west Texas on a private airfield, and there is nothing like the feeling of a small plane. I've floe in a Cessna 150, 152, 172, 182, and a yak52.

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Are there any rc pilots around me? And epicstrikard. I used to live in west Texas on a private airfield, and there is nothing like the feeling of a small plane. I've floe in a Cessna 150, 152, 172, 182, and a yak52.

I learned how to fly in a 172.. you just brought up some great memories :)
I've been flying my Piper Cherokee, but also just bought a new Cessna 320. Not near as small, but beautiful for taking some friends out for an airport burger. I mainly fly low wing aircraft anymore. Just seem more maneuverable and in my opinion they feel a lot smoother.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
pittboss
check out action hobbies on 51st and memorial and ask them.
I live in bristow and there are 3 of us here that I know of and 2 of us fly together, I haven't been able to get with the third one to see about flying with.
I'm a noob after 42 yrs of being out of it and am learning rc all over and the guy I fly with flies wings and does fpv. the third guy flies large rc. I know there are a lot of rc'ers in Tulsa but I don't know them.

pittboss84

I've been to action hobbies. And hobby town USA on 71 and memorial. And I've seen rattlesnakes nicer then both of them. But I get my local parts from hobby town. But im in Glenpool. There are no local rc air fields around me. But I did meet a couple of guys in Bixby. And they got me into the hobby.

pittboss84

Yes sir they are good memories. And the only low wing small plane that I have been in was that yak 52. And is was awesome.

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
Yes sir they are good memories. And the only low wing small plane that I have been in was that yak 52. And is was awesome.
Yaks are little speed demons if you aren't careful. Never flown one but they come to the fly-in here every year. Along with some Corsair's which I have had the opportunity to fly

SGrog

Hey there! Im from just north of the Twin Cities in Minnesota! Currently a student, and trying to assemble a H quad, with bigger plans in the future!!

Last edited:

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
BIG UPDATE GUYS. WILL BE MAKING A WHOLE SEPARATE THREAD FOR THIS.
For the Tulip Time fly-in next weekend (May 1,2,3) I have the opportunity to fly a P-51D Mustang!!! Most of you probably know that I have an obsession with P-51's, and this is a massive dream come true for me. I have also been told by the owner that he will have it for sale at the show. I've been making arrangements with him, and I will be meeting him an hour before the fly-in to test fly it, and possibly sign the papers to buy it!! I will definitely be posting tons of pictures. I'm also hoping to get a video of the transfer of documents. Let me know what else you guys would want to see!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
BIG UPDATE GUYS. WILL BE MAKING A WHOLE SEPARATE THREAD FOR THIS.
For the Tulip Time fly-in next weekend (May 1,2,3) I have the opportunity to fly a P-51D Mustang!!! Most of you probably know that I have an obsession with P-51's, and this is a massive dream come true for me. I have also been told by the owner that he will have it for sale at the show. I've been making arrangements with him, and I will be meeting him an hour before the fly-in to test fly it, and possibly sign the papers to buy it!! I will definitely be posting tons of pictures. I'm also hoping to get a video of the transfer of documents. Let me know what else you guys would want to see!

That's amazing! It's a dream of mine to actually get a pilot's license and then a DC-3. I want a DC-3 just for fun, but then I may eventually start an airline and fly charter between Madison (WI), Milwaukee, and Chicago. I'm a long ways away, but I can still dream.

P-51's are amazing planes too. I heard that there is one that you can buy a ride on and I'm thinking of going for that. But I couldn't imagine actually getting the chance to fly one, and maybe even buying one.

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
That's amazing! It's a dream of mine to actually get a pilot's license and then a DC-3. I want a DC-3 just for fun, but then I may eventually start an airline and fly charter between Madison (WI), Milwaukee, and Chicago. I'm a long ways away, but I can still dream.

P-51's are amazing planes too. I heard that there is one that you can buy a ride on and I'm thinking of going for that. But I couldn't imagine actually getting the chance to fly one, and maybe even buying one.
Getting an old DC-3 would be amazing. I've only ever had the chance to ride in one. To do that I'm thinking you may need a commercial license.... I'm not sure. I'll have to look into it. "My" P-51 only has 1 seat, but the space for two. I would love to put another seat in and be able to have people climb in with me and do a couple aerobatics. :)

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
This is weird. What appeared to be a P-51 Passed over my house this morning going West to East and he was going really FAST!

I never see anything but crop dusters, New military craft like the Rockwell B1 Lancer, Jolly Green Giants and Ospreys (and an occasional BLACK helicopter).

Thurmond

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
This is weird. What appeared to be a P-51 Passed over my house this morning going West to East and he was going really FAST!

I never see anything but crop dusters, New military craft like the Rockwell B1 Lancer, Jolly Green Giants and Ospreys (and an occasional BLACK helicopter).

Thurmond
That's awesome!! I always think that no one shares my love for the P-51's, but I've been proven wrong multiple times. I guess if you got it, flaunt it. If I get this Mustang I will be sure to fly low, fast, and loud. Gotta annoy the neighbors somehow :D

rcspaceflight

Getting an old DC-3 would be amazing.

Best part about DC-3s is that you can get one for only $100,000. I say "only" because that's cheap for a twin prop 21 passenger plane. I found a great documentary on YouTube about how to this day people buy them and commercially fly them because of how cheap and practical they are. I quickly looked into it and I found a DC-3 that actually flew in WWII for $70,000.

Anyways, I'm sure a commercial license is needed (to start an airline). I would love to go to school to get a commercial license, but I think it'll stay a dream because of the $$$.

rcspaceflight

Thurmond

I usually see high wing, single engine planes flying around my parents farm. I remember one week when I saw some sort of warbird flying around a couple of times. Then one day I saw a bi-plane. I don't think I ever saw a bi-plane flying around before.

And I remember as a kid military planes flying by every Wednesday at 7pm. Or something like that. 3 in formation and I don't know what they where. I think cargo planes.

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
I usually see high wing, single engine planes flying around my parents farm. I remember one week when I saw some sort of warbird flying around a couple of times. Then one day I saw a bi-plane. I don't think I ever saw a bi-plane flying around before.

And I remember as a kid military planes flying by every Wednesday at 7pm. Or something like that. 3 in formation and I don't know what they where. I think cargo planes.
We have f-18's fly over every Saturday very low. And of course very fast. But I can remember a day last year when they were breaking the sound barrier right over our house. It would shake the entire house every time they did it. They probably did it 20 times too. One of the coolest things I've ever experienced.

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
Best part about DC-3s is that you can get one for only $100,000. I say "only" because that's cheap for a twin prop 21 passenger plane. I found a great documentary on YouTube about how to this day people buy them and commercially fly them because of how cheap and practical they are. I quickly looked into it and I found a DC-3 that actually flew in WWII for $70,000.

Anyways, I'm sure a commercial license is needed (to start an airline). I would love to go to school to get a commercial license, but I think it'll stay a dream because of the $$$.

I'd take my Mustang for $70,000.... please...