Am I The Only One That Didn't Know This?

checkerboardflyer

I just discovered that Flite Test has 2 different YouTube channels! Just bought the new FT Tenet kit and have been watching the build videos as they are released. And I put a link on my blog. The other day I was watching other videos on YouTube and thought that I would hop over to Flite Test and see if there were any new Tenet videos.

When I arrived there were no Tenet videos. Took me several minutes to figure it out. Flite Test has a YouTube channel called “Flite Test”. On that channel you will find many videos including one about a 20 foot wingspan B-17 and a DIY Flying Santa’s Sleigh. So, generally novelty type videos, although there are some build videos also. There are 2.02M subscribers to that channel and it has videos dating back about 11 years.

But there is a second channel called “Flite Test Tech”. This is where I found all of the Tenet videos that I was looking for. This one has about 76.2K subscribers and has videos dating back about 3 years. As you might guess, this channel has a more technical theme with not only build videos but tips on soldering, painting, and other topics.

More tips on my blog: https://foamboardflyers.com

2 flite test youtube channels - 1.jpeg

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
I just discovered that Flite Test has 2 different YouTube channels! Just bought the new FT Tenet kit and have been watching the build videos as they are released. And I put a link on my blog. The other day I was watching other videos on YouTube and thought that I would hop over to Flite Test and see if there were any new Tenet videos.

When I arrived there were no Tenet videos. Took me several minutes to figure it out. Flite Test has a YouTube channel called “Flite Test”. On that channel you will find many videos including one about a 20 foot wingspan B-17 and a DIY Flying Santa’s Sleigh. So, generally novelty type videos, although there are some build videos also. There are 2.02M subscribers to that channel and it has videos dating back about 11 years.

But there is a second channel called “Flite Test Tech”. This is where I found all of the Tenet videos that I was looking for. This one has about 76.2K subscribers and has videos dating back about 3 years. As you might guess, this channel has a more technical theme with not only build videos but tips on soldering, painting, and other topics.

View attachment 219252
Ya maybe you where the only one who didn’t know it lol

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
there is the main channel, the tech channel, FTCA, and flite test life channels that I know of.

Also, looking at that post almost makes me wonder if this is just a "stealthy" promo of the blog site then an actual "I just found out about this" post.

Wes B.

Site Moderator
Staff member

View attachment 219252
Having the build videos and setup videos on a separate channel makes it much easier to find them and keeps from blowing up everyone's notifications when 5 build videos go live! Also splitting a build video into multiple, that makes it much easier if there is an important change made down the line to keep the videos up to date by replacing that section only.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
You're definitely not the only one. It's a little confusing having two channels, but I know why they do it. The cross-channel integration could indeed be better.

Try and remember though; while they have the presence and appearance of a larger company - what with 2million subs on their main channel - they are actually a VERY SMALL business. They probably have fewer than 15 full-time employees, and most of THEM are in manufacturing & fulfilment. They don't have a huge social media management "arm", so they do their best.

XDmToter

I knew about "FliteTestHQ" "FliteTestTech", and "FTCA", but I had never heard of "Flite Test Life" and "Edgewater Airpark Flite Crew" until today.