Err thanks iPhone. I'm to lazy to grab the Canon these days
I need to work on my build corner so I can shoot better videos and photos.
Those carpet shots annoy me but not to much I can do.
Have lots of plans and ideas to do more videos but need some key pieces of gear first. All of which have been ordered.
I bought the B Grades after talking to a guy who flies a big Buffalo UAV plane on some 3S 5000s.
He said he's had over 75 flights with no issues. So figured for $10 a battery I'd try it.
I'm going to track them with an ap just to see if they last. I know it is a risk but I'm curious.
A Zippy Compact 3S 4000 is $20. After 5 mins on the first flight I was showing 3.95V per cell still.
Interesting, often it's the skill of the photographer rather than the quality of the camera.
I might need to get a couple B grade 2200s, since I generally am a test pilot flying experimental designs, my 2200s don't last long. A couple of beater 2200's that are semi disposable would be very nice.
I'm using this to free up a ports on the receiver. I added a Y connector to channel 4. I had tried to setup the arm on the servo to avoid this but it never worked out. Would have been nice if I could have flipped the servo but did not realize the issue until afterwards.
First, I had it on hand. I have used it to build and repair the Spectre V3 Twin.
Second, Cheap. I have a tube of foam safe CA and that stuff is used only when needed
Third, The glue that comes with the kit is more like goop then the other options.
I just figured for the amount of surface area I was trying to cover when putting the fuse together I wanted something that would fill in all the gaps, not run and ooze everywhere and was as foam safe as possible.
First I was able to confirm it will fit in the car with the wings on.
Putting those tabs on in the cold was simply no fun.
I had the plane out on Saturday with the T-28 but ended up flying the SkyMule more due to a technical issue with T.
The SkyMule is such a nice flying plane. 8.5-9 minutes easily off a 3S 4000 back.
And as you can see in not the greatest conditions.
I was unable to remove the wheels before going out which meant I had to take off and land in the parking lot.
It has been a year since I'd done that so I spent my time getting comfortable lining the SkyMule up.
No issues for the Mule. Just the pilot was rusty.
After the flights I was finally able to remove the grub screw and install the skis.
As you may have noticed in the video I have a vibration issue.
I've replaced and balanced the props. And also cut down the prop shafts.
I'll report back after if that as helped.