Anybody Interested In a Free Airplane

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hi everybody,
My name is Stone and I'm almost 17. I love building and painting airplanes. But I don't have enough space to keep building. I have planes in the garage, planes in my closet. So, I thought of building for the community for free. Here is how it works, if you have something you need built tell me what you want, I could be anything from 10 Scout landing gear to a complete costome painted master series mustang with electronics. I will then price out the parts and foam and shipping. then tell you. And if you like it, then I will build it. I'm not doing this as a job but just because I enjoy building and serving people. For example for approximately $10.00 ($5 for shipping + $1.25 for 1 sheet foam board+ $0.50 + for paint) You will have a completely painted ready to fly air frame of a mini Scout at you door step. I will make sure to build it the way I would want someone to build me an airplane. I will use a ruler to make sure that the cuts are straight. If anything is not perfect I will absorb the cost and build another one. I have been building for 3 years and know what I'm doing. Here are some pics of some of my own models.
IMG_8296.JPG

IMG_8298.JPG

IMG_8299.JPG

IMG_8300.JPG

Thank you,
Crazed Scout pilot

hankflies03

So just FYI you can't use flite test free plans and use them to make money. Also it sounds hard to ship a plane with a 40" wingspan in a box without getting damaged, for less than $70.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Thank you for your info. This is not something that I'm doing to make money, I know that you cannot make money on the FT plans. The person would just be paying for the supplies and the shipping I would be getting no extra income. You have a good point with the shipping it was just a crazy idea that I had and I just wanted to put it out there. Maybe if someone was to busy to build they might be interested.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Thank you for your info. This is not something that I'm doing to make money, I know that you cannot make money on the FT plans. The person would just be paying for the supplies and the shipping I would be getting no extra income. You have a good point with the shipping it was just a crazy idea that I had and I just wanted to put it out there. Maybe if someone was to busy to build they might be interested.
Try to offer the same thing to your local club

FishbonesAir

Great idea thank you!

I think it could work, depending on the design. As you clearly stated, you aren't making a profit, so that means you could use FT plans, or just use a public domain plan. Pick Micro or even Nano size projects. Offer a selection of airframes, and ship just the airframe. If you do it this way, you may be able to stay under 16oz, total package weight. That's the Magic Shipping Number for sending stuff via USPS, cheap. Since we're talking Foam board, that wouldn't be too hard.

You could also include the servos, since those are cheap & light, but that adds hassle at your end. Just throwing out ideas here, and seeing what sticks.

"There are always possibilities, Spock said"

Crazed Scout Pilot

I think it could work, depending on the design. As you clearly stated, you aren't making a profit, so that means you could use FT plans, or just use a public domain plan. Pick Micro or even Nano size projects. Offer a selection of airframes, and ship just the airframe. If you do it this way, you may be able to stay under 16oz, total package weight. That's the Magic Shipping Number for sending stuff via USPS, cheap. Since we're talking Foam board, that wouldn't be too hard.

You could also include the servos, since those are cheap & light, but that adds hassle at your end. Just throwing out ideas here, and seeing what sticks.

"There are always possibilities, Spock said"
Thank you for your kind words! That is ecxactly what I was thinking. I could even paint them if thats what people wanted. I just thought that someone might be busy working or something else and yet want an airplane built I could do that for them for close to the the same amount it it would cost them to build it themselves.