Anyone care to proof some swf files?

Freaky_1

old headcase
Anyone care to proof some PDF files?

Having built "project Thunk" as far as glide testing, I went ahead and plotted everything out for the 3.5" wide fuse version on Sketchup.

I've only played with the software a little at this point and would like to have someone minutely interested or extremely bored to proof the files for me before I figure out how to make them a printable image. I saw a few posts on the topic of making printable images, but haven't taken the time to figure it out yet. I'm more a one step at a time type.

This is not flight tested as I have to hold on to what cash I have at the moment. She still needs servos, some battery wire, control rods and a little air to surf on. She's glide tested great as is, but in truth, the plans are only for the fuselage as It's intended to take a wide variety of wing designs.

The plans are intended to be hinged between the "cabin" and "tail boom" with a simple hinge on one side and a simple mechanical fastening system to lock the halves together. The prototype is done this way and I expect to do all mine this way, but it can be glued together in one piece, or made bolt together as "The Tractor" or other methods.

Anyhow, if you're game, I'm attaching the files in a zip below.
For that matter, feel free to build it if you have any use.

View attachment thunk swf for share.zip

PDF version
View attachment Thunk1 Final.pdf Sheet 1
View attachment ThunkEmp printNcut.pdf Sheet 2 OLD VERSION of sheet 2. NEW coming.

Thanks,
Frank

-----\/ ignore the file below until some kindly mod deletes it and this line as I have no clue how to. \/---

Attachments

• Thunk1 printNcut.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Freaky_1

old headcase
OH! I left out the nose section as it's pretty self explanatory, but will add it later if I get this Sketchup thing down. It's another aspect of the design as it can be a full nose "cone", FPV pod or whatever. I'm also using a section of pool noodle in place of mine for letting others learn to fly if it makes it that far.

Freaky_1

old headcase
Fuselage Plans

Here's my attempt at a pdf
I know so little on this that I have no idea how to further edit the pdf to be the image only and no border, or save the file that way directly. (used PDFCreator).

View attachment Thunk1 Final.pdf Sheet 1
View attachment ThunkEmp printNcut.pdf Sheet 2 OLD VERSION of sheet 2. New version coming.

If anyone cares to spread some education on the topic, please do share.

Frank
-----\/ ignore the file below until some kindly mod deletes it and this line as I have no clue how to. \/---

Attachments

• Thunk1 printNcut.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Freaky_1

old headcase
Full fuse on 2 sheets. Still not happy with the pdf, but better. Links on last post and first post of this thread.

Help, advice and education welcome and practically begged for.

Frank

Last edited:

Freaky_1

old headcase
I "think" I've finally got it, but can't test the print for a week or so. If sheet one is good, I'll do sheet two the same way and the fuse will be ready.