Anyone here fly a Volantex Ranger 1600 ? I just trimmed up the controls on my new build. Wing locks break due to flex. Here's a video

jerryn

Hi All,

Thursday was a great day to fly at my club's airfield. I'm on vacation, my wife came with me to the field. She launched the Ranger 1600 for me. There were several other friends and members of the club flying there too. It's always more fun with more model aircraft flying in the same space. What a blast! As you can see from the video I have the airplane trimmed well and the Flite Test Aura 5 Lite makes it extremely stable. I drop to gyro off to perform stunts and lock in 3-axis low rate mode for some lazy stable flying fun. The only problem I have with the Volantex Ranger 1600 is the wing locks. Where I fly there are strong thermals. When was performing hard banks with the sailplane I could see the wings flexing. The landing was perfect but the winglock in the fuselage for the right wing broke. I just wedged a dollar bill for a shim and used a little packing tape for the second flight (this is the second flight). Here's the video, my wife launched the airplane like a pro!