• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ARFmfg Katana

When a club member hooks you up with a ARFmfg Katana with a PTE 56cc Gas Engine you have to get it in the air. This is the largest RC Plane in my hangar and I have to admit, "If you scared say your scared", yep I was scared. So I took it up trimmed it and just got the feel for this large plane. Enjoy

Name : Katana
Kit No : AG009
Wing span : 80in/2030mm
Wing area : 79sq.dm
Length : 70.8in/1800mm

Great job I know every time I maiden one of my gasser or nitros my knees shake, once up and flying it settles down a bit, but not really quiet knees until the 3rd or 4th flight. Wow your field definitely has some wide open spaces.

Thanks. You aint kidding. I had never flew or owned a plane that big nor had ever tried a gas plane. I had a great time now just need to get a starter for it. Im the first to admit I do not like hand starts.

PsyBorg

Fly Angry
Mentor
This has always been on my dream list. ever since I got my first sim Reflex XTR. that plane flys like a dream in that sim. Probably why I cant fly a real plank yet because it is TOO perfect in the sim aand I spent far to much time on it instead of a crappier model hehe. Just like the Heinzlet helicopters in that sim.. Soo sweet and stable

This has always been on my dream list. ever since I got my first sim Reflex XTR. that plane flys like a dream in that sim. Probably why I cant fly a real plank yet because it is TOO perfect in the sim aand I spent far to much time on it instead of a crappier model hehe. Just like the Heinzlet helicopters in that sim.. Soo sweet and stable
When i started to fly I used Realflight simulator. It helped me a lot to learn the basics but like you said it was always to perfect. I will say had I continued to use the sim I would probably be a far better pilot than I am now. The sim just became a video game for me and the reset button was just so easy. If its on your bucket list then my suggestion is to just go for it. I doubt you will regret it. This plane however would not have been something I would have bought because its just to big for me to store and I don't have a trailer for my truck so when it gets flown its pretty much the only one I will fly. Once I got her into trim it flew really nice. Cant wait to get her up again, get her a few mistakes high and practice some aerobatics with it.

PsyBorg

Fly Angry
Mentor
Oh I wish I could "Just go for" a lot of things mate. But my body keeps reminding me it likes food more then toys. It takes me months to pieces parts a quad together. Besides not owning a vehicle makes taking something like that out to fly a near impossibility.