I have been setting up my quad, its just a cheap QAV 250 frame, spec is-
- Matek F405 CTR AOI FC
- Chaos 30A esc- Dshot
- Racerstar BR2305s motors
- FrSKY XM+ receiver
- Foxeer predator V3 camera, not fitted
- VTX- not connected at present.
- Taranis 9XD+ on 2:1 firmware. Added optional sound files, all switches etc set up fine.
- Modes switches, I have auto level, acro trainer and acro all on a 3 position switch, it works great.
- It arms and disarms fine and the failsafe is set to no pulses on the trans, stage 1 and 2 failsafe are working.
- It flies, auto level is controlled, I flew 4 batteries today without killing it or anything else. Its smooth
- I can fly it in acro trainer. Has plenty of punch too.
- In Betaflight all my channels set up to be 1000-2000 exactly.
- Channel 12 seems to send RSSI, Betaflight can see it.
- Channels set on Taranis as 1-16 not 1-8
- I know the XM+ isn't a full telemetry RX.
- The Taranis does not detect any telemetry. My FC should be sending at least some and RSSI is set to Aux 12, it shows in Betaflight as an active channel but the 9XD won't detect any sensors
- Even after flying today, the motors still run slowly when it arms. It does this on the bench props off and in the field, props on. Not hard enough to lift.
- Min Check is set at 1020
- Min Throttle is set at 1000
- Watched a lot of Mr Bardwell
- Drunk tea
- Ignored the low spinning motors in the hope that when flying it will go away.
- RSSI to work. Some other bits of telemetry will be done on my OSD but RSSI would be useful, since I want to know if my range is good by voice warning.
- The motors to stay off when I arm. I always disarm and immediately unplug but right now if for some reason I lose signal my motors may remain running in some circumstances, despite the failsafe? I don't want them to run at all until I lift the throttle.
- I realise I might be having to update the TX firmware. I am not sure about this part. If I have to I will but would prefer not to