Help! Drone flips when armed.

S L Holt

I have speedybee f7 flight controller. Have flown it a couple times. Decided to fly it recently. As soon as I arm it spins up 2 motors full instantly and flips the quad. With or without props on. If I go in to betaflight I am able to control the motors with the slides and they spin according to the amount applied. Not sure what is going on.

S L Holt

Yes I double checked everything this morning. When I arm two motors spin up all the way. If I move throttle to about half all motors are showing 1500 is. I'm thinking I might have a bad esc. The sliders will however, operate the motors just fine.

Piotrsko

Master member
Sounds like the ESC system needs to be recalibrated. Motors should not spin on arming. Twitch a wee bit, perhaps but definitely not power up.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Sounds like the ESC system needs to be recalibrated. Motors should not spin on arming. Twitch a wee bit, perhaps but definitely not power up.
That's not always the case. I always set mine to spin slowly on arm so there is a visual clue that it is armed / still armed.

It does sound very plausible that board orientation is incorrect, or motor order is incorrect.

S L Holt

Figured out the problem. It was actually on my transmitter channel assignment. I used speedybee app and on zero throttle the model was spinning g on the app. I went through the the configuration making changes in real time. Watching the model. Then I went through transmitter settings and changed 1-4 channel assignment and the model finally stopped spinning. I disconnected the app. Armed the drone and wallah! It worked. Thanks for all you input. I appreciated it.