Bald Eagle first real flight

Blackbeltrrf

I have this build posted elsewhere on the forum but thought I would put the video up here in the video section as well. Weather finally let me get out and fly the Eagle yesterday even though it was quite windy.

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Great video of a Bald Eagle, but where's your plane?

The RC Eagle looks great. It really does look like the bird in the air.

Blackbeltrrf

OK, I finally have a finished product I think. The 3rd flight went great today after the latest changes. Flying the Eagle is going to be like a Relaxing Sunday Drive. The first part of the video I have him up kind of high just to get it trimmed out then I keep him low and in front of the camera. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Last edited:

dwardio

Very cool. One of the fields I fly from is near a lake so we often have pelicans, loons, & turkey buzzards "in the pattern." I've had bald eagles come check out my Swift II when soaring thermals (we of course ground all flights when they show up). Might be interesting to see what they make of an imposter...

Blackbeltrrf

Very cool. One of the fields I fly from is near a lake so we often have pelicans, loons, & turkey buzzards "in the pattern." I've had bald eagles come check out my Swift II when soaring thermals (we of course ground all flights when they show up). Might be interesting to see what they make of an imposter...

That would be cool to do. I hope to get some bird action with an on board camera on mine this year once the weather breaks and I can get him out.