Bat-Safe Charging Box

wedgetailaus

Hi all,

So after a quick search of the Flitetest forum I couldn't find any posts about the Bat-Safe. I've just received mine from Hobbyking so i thought I could share my thoughts with the community.

This is a box designed for safer charging of lipo batteries, which given their inherent risk of fire, is a really good thing. Essentially its a steel box with a clasp on the front that keeps it securely shut during charging. There is a rubber seal that runs through the top of the box which allows charge and balance leads to enter the box. The lid contains a filter and has 50 vents on top which prevents pressure building up inside the box during a fire, as well as removing the nastiest elements of the smoke. It also comes with a simple mount to allow easy positioning of your charger.

I've charged only a few batteries so far, but I have to say I'm really impressed. This gives me great peace of mind when charging and for around $60 I think it's a no brainer. I live in Australia so I got mine from Hobbyking. I hope I don't sound like to much of a Bat-Safe shill, I just think it's a good product!

I should mention that I also purchased some balance extension leads to make the Bat-Safe easier to use. I think it would be a real struggle to get the big lead that connects the balance board to the charger through the rubber port.

If you're wondering about the size, he battery in the picture is a Zippy 1000mah 3S

IMG_7181.JPG

IMG_7182.JPG

IMG_7183.JPG

IMG_7184.JPG

I didn't really know the best place to put this thread. I chose here because I think this is a useful product and I figured a few people might find out about it here given the good traffic this sub-forum gets. Sorry if this is not the right place - mods please feel free to move it!

Cheers!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Also available for a couple bucks more - but free shipping - directly from http://www.bat-safe.com/web/

Have one on order now, plan to put a dedicated parallel board inside it. Will let everyone know how it turns out - need to make the family a little more comfortable with my charging solution and this should accomplish that goal :)