Bent Motor Shaft

srfnmnk

Soooo....yeahhhh...bent a shaft...is the motor toast or is there a magical way to fix it? I bent it back to "close" to straight but there's still some angle and vibrations for sure. Thoughts?

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I've been running my old 2830's since last year with bent shafts.

Epic wing folding crash of my cargo plane.

You can try and bend them straight or replacement the shafts if available.
I'd just the motor...

Unless it is crazy $$$

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Soooo....yeahhhh...bent a shaft...is the motor toast or is there a magical way to fix it? I bent it back to "close" to straight but there's still some angle and vibrations for sure. Thoughts?

What motor is it? You may be able to find shafts for it. I have replaced bent shafts in two of my motors. It's much cheaper than buying a new one. I buy spare shafts for most of my motors, and have not had any issues replacing them.

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
What motor is it? You may be able to find shafts for it. I have replaced bent shafts in two of my motors. It's much cheaper than buying a new one. I buy spare shafts for most of my motors, and have not had any issues replacing them.

Have you tried that with DT750s? I'm not able to get the shafts out...
Now I'm running bolt-on prop adapters, so the chance of bending a shaft is way lower :rolleyes:

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Have you tried that with DT750s? I'm not able to get the shafts out...
Now I'm running bolt-on prop adapters, so the chance of bending a shaft is way lower :rolleyes:

No. I replaced the shaft in a Turnigy D2826-10 1400Kv. The shafts don't come out easily. I picked up a cheap 1/2 ton arbor press from Harbor Freight (about $30 with 20% off coupon). That's what I used to get mine out. I have had to replace 3 shafts so far (2 times in one of the two motors). The shafts cost me about $1 each.

Last edited:

Jase Te Ace

I have a FMS P-51 800mm that bent a 3mm shaft. I made a new one out of a slider rail inside a CD-ROM drive using a Dremmel tool. There are a few Youtube clips on how to do it.