Best recievers with built in stabilization? (Radiomaster TX16S / OPENTX))

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I'm excited to announce I preordered a Radiomaster TX16S from Race Day Quads (they are local). It may be a while before it arrives but I was curious what everyone's experience was with affordable RX's with built in 3 axis. Also still trying to understand what receivers work with telemetry and if I need additional hardware. I've been flying Flysky and given the price I may stick with those for most applications but now I have more options.

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I too just purchased the TX16S and am curious as to where this thread goes. Mind you the Radiomaster is a brand new radio to the market so i am not sure as to how much information you would get off the bat. Yet since it is open protocol and telemetry ready i am sure it would have no problem with stabilization. This is a system i want to try...
https://usa.banggood.com/ZOHD-Kopil...-all-1108&ad_id=395572890419&cur_warehouse=CN
I thought you had the T16, no T18 on order? I'm curious about the ZOHD too, unfortunately I'm a cheap miser.

whackflyer

Master member
I too just purchased the TX16S and am curious as to where this thread goes. Mind you the Radiomaster is a brand new radio to the market so i am not sure as to how much information you would get off the bat. Yet since it is open protocol and telemetry ready i am sure it would have no problem with stabilization. This is a system i want to try...
https://usa.banggood.com/ZOHD-Kopil...-all-1108&ad_id=395572890419&cur_warehouse=CN
RadioMaster is pretty much a jumper clone. Have you got your new T18 yet? I'm loving my T16 Pro. Looks nice, feels nice, gimbals are very smooth, and so powerful! I can do anything I want! Right now I've been having fun with flaps on a slider so they're infinitely variable.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
RadioMaster is pretty much a jumper clone. Have you got your new T18 yet? I'm loving my T16 Pro. Looks nice, feels nice, gimbals are very smooth, and so powerful! I can do anything I want! Right now I've been having fun with flaps on a slider so they're infinitely variable.
I thought you had the T16, no T18 on order? I'm curious about the ZOHD too, unfortunately I'm a cheap miser.
The Jumper T18Pro was on back order, funds still havent left my account. So when i saw an opportunity to grab the TX16S i cancelled the back order on the Jumper and switched to the Radiomaster. The Radiomaster is a better 2.4ghz range then the T18, which now has the 2.4ghz antenna internal and the antenna that pokes out the top is the 900mhz unit. So yes the T18 is better at 900 but is only half of what the Radiomaster is at 2.4. This opens up so much more room in the Rx market. The TX16S comes with a high def touchscreen built in, T18 is a hardware upgrade later on, and it doesnt look easy. Plus the kicker was i got the Tx16S at 22% off, putting it at $135 less then the jumper all said and done. No brainer to me. So all you Jumper hating Spektrum lovers can get off my monkey... and i still wont be going back to Spektrum either. Sorry, not sorry lol

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Not sure of the current state of R9/R9M compatibility with the other "open" hardware, but FrSky does have a stabilized version of the R9 out https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/r9-stab-ota/. I have not given it a go, as I am more of a full on FC guy.
There is a group that puts OpenLRS on FrSky hardware. Sounds like it is a one way ship though. Once you convert it from ACCST/ACCESS, there is no going back. Not sure how that would work with the stabilization either.

Cheers!
LitterBug

FL_Engineer

Elite member
The Jumper T18Pro was on back order, funds still havent left my account. So when i saw an opportunity to grab the TX16S i cancelled the back order on the Jumper and switched to the Radiomaster. The Radiomaster is a better 2.4ghz range then the T18, which now has the 2.4ghz antenna internal and the antenna that pokes out the top is the 900mhz unit. So yes the T18 is better at 900 but is only half of what the Radiomaster is at 2.4. This opens up so much more room in the Rx market. The TX16S comes with a high def touchscreen built in, T18 is a hardware upgrade later on, and it doesnt look easy. Plus the kicker was i got the Tx16S at 22% off, putting it at $135 less then the jumper all said and done. No brainer to me. So all you Jumper hating Spektrum lovers can get off my monkey... and i still wont be going back to Spektrum either. Sorry, not sorry lol
^This is exactly why I went with the TX16S as well. Watched a ton of vids on them both and ultimately it came down to price and the 900mhz which I have no plans of using.

I'll definitely check out the frsky and lemon receivers!

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
. No brainer to me. So all you Jumper hating Spektrum lovers can get off my monkey... and i still wont be going back to Spektrum either. Sorry, not sorry lol

AAAahhh come on now isn`t very fun not to have someone something to pick on, non of us are hating anything,......... looking at getting a
Spektrum receiver LOL. :poop: :devilish: :love: :ROFLMAO:

Bricks

Master member
Just for the record there was a couple that gave me :poop: for jumping from Spektrum

No different then OT guys giving it to us Spektrum users, we have a couple in our club, only one that does get kind of nasty at that point everyone ignores him then he shuts up. Everyone just needs to do what they are comfortable with and makes them happy which for me is Spektrum...LOL :devilish: :love: :love:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I am completely comfortable with this thread becoming a Spektrum roast. ;)
I do have a LOT of LemonRX stuff including one stabilized lemonRX I've never tried. Still have my DX8, but as Caroline pointed out above, you can do DSMX with OpenTX. I am going to be working on an external multiprotocol module to solve my DX8 issue once and for all. :)

LB

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
No different then OT guys giving it to us Spektrum users, we have a couple in our club, only one that does get kind of nasty at that point everyone ignores him then he shuts up. Everyone just needs to do what they are comfortable with and makes them happy which for me is Spektrum...LOL :devilish::love::love:
You are that guy lol