Best recievers with built in stabilization? (Radiomaster TX16S / OPENTX))

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I don't use flight stabilisation so have never tried the SxR series. However, I do use X8R's in about 5 of my models I can't fault them very reliable.
I also use the older FRsky V8FR-ii 8ch receivers although they don't have telemetry, they are quite cheap to buy now between £20 and £30 depending where you buy them.
I use both the X8R's and V8FR-ii on the Radiomaster, but must remember to complete the frequency fine tuning (if using the internal module) or it will affect your range. I have since bought an FRsky XJR external module. As the frequency is matched to that module, fine tuning isn't required when you bind to FRsky receivers.
The frequency fine tuning also applies to the Radiomaster receivers (as they use FRsky D8 protocol) and Futaba receivers too using the FHSS protocol.

craigleach

I'm excited to announce I preordered a Radiomaster TX16S from Race Day Quads (they are local). It may be a while before it arrives but I was curious what everyone's experience was with affordable RX's with built in 3 axis. Also still trying to understand what receivers work with telemetry and if I need additional hardware. I've been flying Flysky and given the price I may stick with those for most applications but now I have more options.
I have 3 frsky S6R receivers with the stabilization enabled. It is difficult to setup but it work great once it is working.