Bets Trainer plane for a beginner.

NicCf1

Hey, So I've been trying to make an RC plane that can stay in the air longer than 10 min with a 3s 3000 mah battery. I feel like a pusher-type plane is best because it has less chance of the prop breaking. Does anyone know a simple RC plane I can make from foamboard that will survive a good beating?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The FT Tiny Trainer is another good starter plane that can take quite a bit of abuse. I've been flying one my buddy's daughter built at Flite Fest '16 and it has held up to some serious crashes and cartwheeling down the runway. Just a handfull of hotglue repairs has kept it going.

Shurik-1960

After graduation, I was fluent in English and traveled the world a lot. Now I'm 64 and I use an online translator. Why do you need instructions?? Just print and glue the model. CG is 25% of the wing chord. I like to mess around with this model in the summer: I fly very low over the grass.

I made this model according to the drawing after the video - it just flies great. If you make 2 identical models, you can arrange a dogfight with ribbon stripes.Use TITANIUM or UHU POR glue. Do not use hot glue. The empty shell of the model should weigh 140-200 grams.

NicCf1

After graduation, I was fluent in English and traveled the world a lot. Now I'm 64 and I use an online translator. Why do you need instructions?? Just print and glue the model. CG is 25% of the wing chord. I like to mess around with this model in the summer: I fly very low over the grass.

I made this model according to the drawing after the video - it just flies great. If you make 2 identical models, you can arrange a dogfight with ribbon stripes.Use TITANIUM or UHU POR glue. Do not use hot glue. The empty shell of the model should weigh 140-200 grams.
Why shouldn't I use hot glue? That's the only glue I have.

Shurik-1960

There is a concept in aircraft modeling - weight culture. Hot glue is used by novice modelers . It's fast , but the model turns out to be heavy.And this means: a powerful engine, a powerful battery, short flight time, high landing speed, large breakdowns in an accident. You want to make a light and long-flying aircraft - it should weigh no more than 450 grams with a span of 1 meter. Everything else is flying bricks. My Price 150 has withstood many accidents, more than 40 people have learned to fly on it...Although everyone decides for himself: if you want, glue the models with epoxy glue. 2 meter- 670 grams :

NicCf1

There is a concept in aircraft modeling - weight culture. Hot glue is used by novice modelers . It's fast , but the model turns out to be heavy.And this means: a powerful engine, a powerful battery, short flight time, high landing speed, large breakdowns in an accident. You want to make a light and long-flying aircraft - it should weigh no more than 450 grams with a span of 1 meter. Everything else is flying bricks. My Price 150 has withstood many accidents, more than 40 people have learned to fly on it...Although everyone decides for himself: if you want, glue the models with epoxy glue. 2 meter- 670 grams :
Ok, Thanks. I'll see if I can buy some epoxy.