Bixler 3 is coming

DDSFlyer

First impressions...
Looks like the Bixler name is now out...Bix3
The tail looks awfully thin, but in the description page looks like they incorporated a CF spar in it (just hope it's not like the AXN and stops just after the main fuselage and still breaks right at the joint)
I think Bixler's look funny with landing gear...
At 1550mm wingspan and hopefully a good size power plant (I have no idea if it is or not) it will make a great FPV plane to soar for a good while and not just be a wing with no rudder control.

NewZee

HK does not have the other Bixlers in stock why wait forever for the new one , there are many other planes you can buy now!!!

gowen

I notice the announcement did not mention "Bixler" at all. Instead "This is the third version of our very popular .... plane".

quorneng

Master member
It does make me wonder if they have put a carbon tube right down the fuselage (breakage is a thing of the past!) why not do away with the rear fuselage foam altogether and go for a pod and boom layout?
It allows a for a bigger prop without raising the motor centre line.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
It does make me wonder if they have put a carbon tube right down the fuselage (breakage is a thing of the past!) why not do away with the rear fuselage foam altogether and go for a pod and boom layout?
It allows a for a bigger prop without raising the motor centre line.

Interesting that you mention that, David Windestal did a pod and boom mod to an EZ star a few years back on RCexplorer.

Oh great, now you have me thinking...:rolleyes:

DDSFlyer

great review and maiden flight of the Bix3! I really think that will be my first FPV fixed wing application

RoyBro

Mentor
So the whole wing comes off in one piece, exposing the receiver cavity. Much better arrangement than feeding the wires through a little hole and past a post. Also way quicker than dealing with the screws. I'm going to have to get me one of these.

What are the advantages/disadvatages of the Bix3 compared to the Bixler2.

I am an intermediate Pilot (mostly FPV and thermalsoaring) and a little bit Longrange (max 4Kilometres)

Hey folks,
I just released the first part of my Bix3. Please tell your opinions.

Last edited: