Bloody Wonder V2 SBK Build Video????

senator63

Where is it? Is there one? I have searched all over and all I van find is the scratch build video which is V1, not V2. HELP:confused:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hey Senator,

go ahead and follow the V1 build, just be aware the newer version had a few more slots & tabs to help with alignment.

The spar will go in the tabs upright instead of on it's side, and the front and rear fuselage tab together for alignment and the rear fuselage tabs into the wing. you can always dry-fit the assembly to make sure you've got it puzzled together right.

Otherwise, the wing folds up just about the same and the tail assembly and linkage setup should be identical. watch the build video once or twice and take your time -- it's a simple build and the improvements in the V2 build have taken all the guesswork out of it.

senator63

Bloody Wonder V2 Video

Thanks Dan, that helps a lot. BTW the FT guys (as are we since we pay the shipping) are getting ripped off by the USPS. They send stuff priority mail and and I had to go to the local PO to find my package after a week. They forgot to deliver it!

explorertom

Bloody Wonder V2 Help

I received my Bloody Wonder V2 Quick Build Kit a little over a week ago and watching the scratch build video doesn't explain how to install the new engine mount, or what all the circle thingies are, why the laser scores for the ailerons are on the wrong side...that is, if you use the laser scores for the ailersons the "V" ends up on the top of the model rather than the bottom as in the scratch-build video...and why the width of the rear boom is two tab widths short of being wide enough to fit squarely into their associated tabs on the upper fuselage.

Wrote a note to the guys through the support email but haven't received anything back yet...they're probably still recovering from their first Flite Fest. Check out the attached images and see if you can tell me where I went wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

To bloodwonderpicsconsolidated.jpg

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
Unfortunatly, you've got the wrong firewall. The one you have pictured is used on pushers like the versa wing (in pusher configuraton) and the FT-22. Look in your speed build kit for a firewall that looks like this...
5pk-firewalls__45520.1396881874.1280.1280.jpg

Then watch the power pod build video to see how to assemble it...

Hope that helps!

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
The laser cut for the ailerons on the top surface is because of the laser cutter. The laser only cuts from one direction, so it's a cut through, a score, or a light mark. It's actually a happy accident as it extends the life of the ailerons. By cutting on the top surface, the foam is less apt to separate from the paper. Even on the V1, i put the 45 on the top, rather than the bottom. To make it last longer, put some hot glue on the hinge-line and squeegee it off. You can see this in many of the videos.