well I hope this week will see the 'Phantom' completed - I glued in the wing peg and set the hinge with polyurethane (its the stuff used as a flexible membrane in construction) - I have the pull string arm on the 3D printer this morning and I shall make the spring for the elevator.
Well it is done - no wind today, but sadly it is raining!
It is a bit of a beast in the weight department but overall a pretty good build - I am probably up on all part weights, but especially the wing - my CF is 100gm/m2 and carbo weave is less than half of that - also my blue foam is probably more dense than it needs to be - so 'IF' I do a V2 (and depending on how it flies) I need to put the wing on a diet!
The servos are all setup in OpenTx and I am using crow for the brakes to start with - the flaps are running in tandem with the ailerons but at 50% of the throw - I don't have any differential setup just yet - there is a bit of rudder dialled into the aileron stick.
For Starter DLGers, here is the biggest Group on the Internet of totally Starter DLG resource. We aim to put a Model in the air for under £100 with RC gear and in 24 hours. Model Selection, Building Materials and Methods, Plans, Gluing, Finishing, RC Gear and Installation, Setup, Trimming, Launching and Flying are all richly covered. We also have Experts who will answer your Questions and point you in the right direction. Come and join us, you will be glad you did 😊 DLG / HLG COMMUNITY for Starters by Bob –
I picked up my new (to me) 'bentBAMF' this morning - my good mate Pete did the poly conversion and from memory it is 2deg per side at the panel break - I have flown with Pete when he was running this ship and in his hands it was a real beauty so I am looking forward to giving it a whirl (just need to set up 6 servos in the Tx).
I did a bit of work to shoehorn in a GRX8 - is was no easy task as the GRX8 is quite long - in the end I had to chop off the Ch 7/8/Sbus pins and remove the Elevator and Rudder servos and feed in the servo leads and plugs through the Ele/Rud hole - all good nice and neat.
I decided to go for a 2S in the bentBAMF rather than the 1S it came with - the 6 servos seem happier (no servo buzz) - the problem was the 2S is just a tad too thick to fit in the nose so I split up the cells and put one on a lead allowing me to get one of the cells into the nose and one cell behind the servos.