Broken Gremlin

sprintwrench36

Hey guys/gals,
After spending the last week or so trying to learn air mode on the gremlin, i managed to break the frame tonight. I seemed to recall that in one of the volgs Josh mentioned that the delrin frames are warrantied against breakage. It really doesn't matter much to me, as I plan to order the same frame only in the CF version. I just thought if that was the case that it would be nice to have a spare and maybe eventually build a second gremlin.
It was fun while it lasted and i did get some cool video of the crash on my goggles dvr.
Sorry if i missed this somewhere else. Didn't seem to turn up anything in a search.
Thanks for the help
Jesse

Attachments

• IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 29

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
I recall Josh and TJ saying that in a recent YT video. Sorry about your crash.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am in the same boat. I did not totally separate an arm as you did but I do have a crack thru one of the arms. I thought the same thing. Why make them replace a Delrin frame when the Carbon fiber ones are now out.

sprintwrench36

Ended up buying the CF version of TJ's frame last week. Got it together and it flies as good as new. Am waiting on a set of the red bottom motors now to replace a couple bent originals.
Also decided to just hang the broken delrin frame on the wall to remember learning to fly quads. Don't think they need to warranty something that i did. That delrin frame survived a lot of stupid.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I will second that mate. That Delrin original Josh B frame has taken some serious pounding. I only managed to crack an arm not fully break it... yet.