Buying Plans ?

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I just finished listening to the podcast from 01-13-22 (yesterday). Lee talked about being able to start to buy plans from the FTCA. Right now I understand that it will be only 2 plans to choose from at the start. Here is my question. Will the plans be printed out and sent to you or do you just get a pdf file sent to you ? I hope Lee will see this thread. I am going to send Lee a p/m so he can see the thread, so we can get the answer from the Man himself. That way there is no confusion.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

A little update. So far I have not heard from Lee yet. Do you guys think that the plans will be a PDF file ?

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I was really hoping that FT would have offered the plans as being printed out. I would be fine with the plans on 8 1/2" x 11" copy paper. That way the plans can be mailed out in a flat envelope and the postage could be reasonable. No need for any special printer to print out larger copies. Just my thoughts. What do you guys think ?

Droneflyer200

Hi Everyone,

I was really hoping that FT would have offered the plans as being printed out. I would be fine with the plans on 8 1/2" x 11" copy paper. That way the plans can be mailed out in a flat envelope and the postage could be reasonable. No need for any special printer to print out larger copies. Just my thoughts. What do you guys think ?

AL is it really a big deal to print out 8.5 by 11 sheets from a PDF ?Do you not have an inkjet or laser printer? You don't even need any special software to do it you just load the PDF file into you web browser and adjust the scale till the inch mark on the print out match's an inch on a ruler then print out all the tiles. The plans have registration marks to help you line them up. here is a video on how to make templates I found it works quite well and allow for making replacement parts or for a buddy to build another plane. Mind you full sized rolled plans would be mighty nice Like you use to get from RC Modeler.