Mandown

I am interested in anyone who is familiar with CAD that could create a couple stl files that could benefit the entire community. I am building a project that requires connecting carbon arrow shafts together to create a frame type cage for an RC air boat. I need a few 90° fittings and a few "T" style fittings. The inner diameter of the fittings will be 7.21mm and a wall thickness of around 1.5-2mm. Similar to smaller diameter PVC pipe fittings but I will be 3D printing them. I assume these pieces would benefit the entire building community for several uses to construct things from carbon arrow shafts such as model bobber style airplanes etc... I am CAD illiterate and would greatly appreciate anyone who could design these type fittings. Thank you all and happy building!!

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I am interested in anyone who is familiar with CAD that could create a couple stl files that could benefit the entire community. I am building a project that requires connecting carbon arrow shafts together to create a frame type cage for an RC air boat. I need a few 90° fittings and a few "T" style fittings. The inner diameter of the fittings will be 7.21mm and a wall thickness of around 1.5-2mm. Similar to smaller diameter PVC pipe fittings but I will be 3D printing them. I assume these pieces would benefit the entire building community for several uses to construct things from carbon arrow shafts such as model bobber style airplanes etc... I am CAD illiterate and would greatly appreciate anyone who could design these type fittings. Thank you all and happy building!!
If you draw up a bluepritn style style thing, i am a visual person, then I can make it.

ColoFlyer

Here ya go Pretty easy, only took like 10 mins for both.
I couldn't up load f3d files, so I had to zip them.. You will have to unzip this file.

Attachments

• Arrow Shaft Brackets.zip
    197.5 KB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Here ya go Pretty easy, only took like 10 mins for both.
I couldn't up load f3d files, so I had to zip them.. You will have to unzip this file.
ok, thanks. I am not that fast of a designer, that qouldve taken me 15 minutes for each if I dont try making it fast, if I rush, maybe 8 -10 minutes for each.

ColoFlyer

Here is a corner bracket to go with the other T-bracket and L-Bracket I posted above. See if these will work.

Attachments

• Arrow Corner Bracket.stl
    193.7 KB · Views: 1

ColoFlyer

what material is most durable for printing these? and thank you so much, they are exactly what i was imagining!!
You could use ABS or PETG both would be strong and durable. If there is not alot of tension on these you could also use PLA+
Based on your first description, I made the walls on these 1.75mm, and the length 20mm. But from your drawing it looks like you want them a bit heavier. I will modify these to be what your drawing indicates and put them back up.

Mandown

You could use ABS or PETG both would be strong and durable. If there is not alot of tension on these you could also use PLA+
Based on your first description, I made the walls on these 1.75mm, and the length 20mm. But from your drawing it looks like you want them a bit heavier. I will modify these to be what your drawing indicates and put them back up.
I think the dimensions are perfect and I was thinking I'd printing in PTW ultra black resin.. Seems the most accurate way?

ColoFlyer

I think the dimensions are perfect and I was thinking I'd printing in PTW ultra black resin.. Seems the most accurate way?
I don't have a resin printer so I don't know much about that material. But these are small and will print quickly, so you can easily try a few different Filaments or Resins to see which works best.
These .STLs have the shaft dimension set at exactly 7.21mm, so depending on the dimensional accuracy or tolerance of your printer they may fit tight, loose or perfect, you won't know till you print one. If need be, you can adjust the dimension in your slicer. Hopefully they will fit perfect. :)

Mandown

Thank you everyone for all your help. It all worked out perfectly and I will post a few pics when I am finished. Hopefully these will help some other members with builds also as I had spent previous months researching these fittings online and couldn't find anything relatively close to these items. Happy building friends!!

Mandown

Here she is all done. Balsa scratch build with a TH 75 glow engine and a 13x7x3R Master Aircrew prop. She's got plenty of push power in the snow,but will.have to wait until spring for some open water testing. Thank you again to everyone who commented!

Attachments

• IMG_20231207_124954.jpg
    IMG_20231207_124954.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231207_125126.jpg
    IMG_20231207_125126.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231207_124844.jpg
    IMG_20231207_124844.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231207_124827.jpg
    IMG_20231207_124827.jpg