• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Camera switch?

I have a bebop 2 and i just bought a hawk 5 online. I was wondering of swapping out the 2 cameras? Im not a big tech wiz so I was wondering if anyone would be able to break the specs down of the two and tell me if thats a bad idea or not. I see the bebop 2s camera are pretty darn expensive online. Practically everyone ive seen is over $100 and a rare $80. And then i look at the cameras that are ok racequads and they are a fraction of that. Where is the extra price difference coming from in the specs? And would the bebop2s camera provide a better picture feed through my fatshark HDOs?

Last edited:

FDS

The two are not the same, the Bebop camera is designed for shooting 1080 HD video and taking pictures, if you have the FPV version then there’s a small FPV camera that’s doing your view.
You can’t transmit HD over 5.8ghz, FPV cameras are analogue TV, typically 600-1200tvl. If you want a better FPV feed in your hawk then change the camera on that to something like the Foxeer Predator V3 or Caddx Ratel. Also changing the antennae can impact signal quality a lot, if you have a standard dipole antenna on the quad then a clover leaf, pagoda or TBS Triumph style one will improve the situation.
A lot can be done with the camera settings as well.

The two are not the same, the Bebop camera is designed for shooting 1080 HD video and taking pictures, if you have the FPV version then there’s a small FPV camera that’s doing your view.
You can’t transmit HD over 5.8ghz, FPV cameras are analogue TV, typically 600-1200tvl. If you want a better FPV feed in your hawk then change the camera on that to something like the Foxeer Predator V3 or Caddx Ratel. Also changing the antennae can impact signal quality a lot, if you have a standard dipole antenna on the quad then a clover leaf, pagoda or TBS Triumph style one will improve the situation.
A lot can be done with the camera settings as well.
I was definitely wondering if it would even be compatible thank you for the knowledge. Im definitely looking into getting a top of the line camera. I just wanna make sure I have the best value for everything with my setup. I got the R9M system combo the other day so im waiting for that to come in as well as my hawk 5 still. Basically whatever camera for FPV cost the most if its the best. Ill want. Lol

I wanna make sure i have the best experience possible with the best quality picture to be displayed on my HDOs with the lowest latency and response time possible