Can you recommend a less pricey, reliable 6 channel receiver for a Futaba or Spektrum based on your experience?

LundiThembi

Any thoughts? Just getting into the hobby, my number of planes seems to be growing exponentially (I think I have a problem!). I don't like pulling and moving electronics from plane to plane, Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 8.21.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 8.21.32 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

AussieBison

Sorry not sure about futaba rx, but what I do is get FlySky receivers (for about 10USD) and bind them with Jumper T16 (very identical to Radiomaster Tx16).

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Any thoughts? Just getting into the hobby, my number of planes seems to be growing exponentially (I think I have a problem!). I don't like pulling and moving electronics from plane to plane, Thank you.
I personally don’t use futaba, but I think orange rx from hobby king have some fairly inexpensive receivers. I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some while shopping for spektrum receivers.

OliverW

Legendary member
OrangeRX receivers are questionable at best. I've lost a few planes to them. I'd recommend going on the RCGroups classifieds and getting some used receivers

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
OrangeRX receivers are questionable at best. I've lost a few planes to them. I'd recommend going on the RCGroups classifieds and getting some used receivers
I’ve used them for backyard use for over a year and haven’t had a single problem with them. Just make sure you turn both your tx and rx off before connecting them together. If you don’t do that the rx will flash, meaning there is a bind problem, resulting in brief loss of signal. Aka probably a crash.

OliverW

Legendary member
I’ve used them for backyard use for over a year and haven’t had a single problem with them. Just make sure you turn both your tx and rx off before connecting them together. If you don’t do that the rx will flash, meaning there is a bind problem, resulting in brief loss of signal. Aka probably a crash.
They can still have prob;ems. I never have mine flash, they'll just suddenly do it mid flight. I had a foam delta fly into me due to that reason, the receiver just bricked and shut all the lights off on it. I just can't trust em due to all the grief they've given me, including nearly wrecking my tundra when it just had nothing and nearly went straight into the ground.

Corsair714

I've used LemonRxs and they have been good for me. I had a friend who was having range issues with his though so I can't say that they don't give out lemons(pun intended) every once and awhile too

clolsonus

I bought one orange receiver for futaba fasst and it worked fine, but would periodically unbind itself which was annoying. Never had that happen with futaba receivers (or frysky receivers either.)

boogieloo

Is that a seaplane I see there? How'd it fly? Did it work when you place it on the water? Or you just threw it? Or modified it. FT Seaplane. I don't think it's rated yet by FT so not sure if that Seaplane actually did work to fly off the water. Still waiting on one to buy one. I'll have to wait awhile longer for the kits. I'd like to see how others fared well with it or bummed.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Depends on your transmitter, if you have multi protocol you can't beat FRsky great quality, range and value for money the X series are brilliant. Second choice budget receivers: Flysky FS-iA6B or FS-iA10B very cheap and long range (downside not very compact and ariel's are not very discrete) second choice Radiomaster D8 series (basically FRsky protocol), again cheap reliable and long range and quite small too.
If your stuck with a Spektrum transmitter, try the V710 2.4ghz 7ch receiver for Spektrum Storm G152 DSMx - from Banggood cheap reliable and good range too. The only downside is the size they are chunky and not ideal for small planes, but I fly them in a couple of my planes excellent value for money.