Can't arm KK2.15 with my turnigy 9x

dlabrie

Hi all, I am building my first quad and am having a terrible time getting the KK2.15 board to arm. When I look at the stick settings in the KK board, I can't get the throttle below 14. I have tried increasing the throttle travel on the 9x. I have adjusted the 9x throttle trim lever all the way down. I have done a factory reset of the board and started again. Last night I had it working with my throttle trim down and the KK board read the throttle stick as -14 (or around there) today when I checked it was in the positive range and I can't get it to work again.

I have been struggling with this for a few days now and have scoured the internet and youtube for answers. Everything I am using is new from HK with in the last week: the Turnigy 9x, KK2.15 board, motors, escs, batts etc.

Thanks for your help.
David

Noob

What type of model do you have selected. When I was first starting my multirotor with my 9x I had selected Heli as my model type. Once I realized this was incorrect and selected plane as the model type things started to work much more smoothly.

dlabrie

I have it in airplane mode. If I have all of my trims on the tx set to 0 the kk board sees +40 on the throttle. Right now I have my Throttle sub trim maxed to -120, The Throttle end point (down) maxed to 120 and the trim at 120 and I got the kk board down to 0 on the throttle. I can arm it but the motors are all running. To stop them I have to push the stick down hard against its stop but when I release the pressure the motors spin up again.

dlabrie

I was able to find the problem thanks to a member of the HK forum. You can see the post here.

It seemed that the sticks on my 9X were not calibrated correctly. So I first reset my radio back to factory default then I went through the stick calibration process. Everything seems to be working correctly now. I was all set to send the radio back to HK. If you have a similar problem, here are the links to reset the 9x to default settings and how to calibrate the sticks.

Happy New Year!