Turnigy 9x Transmitter upgrade protocol

Dario

Hello,
I have Turnigy 9x transmitter with AHFDS protocol, and Turnigy 9x8cv2 receiver which does NOT fit in my new glider.
My problem is apparently no AFHDS receiver in the market is small enough. Anyone has come through a similar problem and found a solution? (besides buying new transmitter)
Is there a micro AFHDS receiver with PWM I'm not aware of?
Is it possible to upgrade my transmitter to AFHDS 2A ? (would need some manual)
Is it a good idea to replace my RF 9X v2 transmitter by a multiprotocol one for example IRangeX IRX4? (it is hardwired to the internal antenna so I guess I'd need to cut it?, plus I don't know if I'd need to do any firmware update or anything else, tbh I'm completely new in this rc world).
Maybe best idea is to just buy a brand new Tngy 9x with AFHDS 2A?

What do you think? Thanks for the help....
Dario

Shurik-1960

I have 2 transmitters :Turnigy 9x+ Turnigy 9xr with firmware er9x-128.hex.txt . My small models fly on the R9M + receiver R9 mini . I just insert the ROM module and specify this module in the firmware settings. The range is up to 2 km, it was scary to fly further - I don't want to lose the model and the electronic stuffing. You have no other options!! Just buy a new module. Many people buy multi - system multiprotocol modules . Now it has become inexpensive. Another option is to buy another transmitter, and Turnigy 9x transmitter to use for cracking nuts or enlighten someone's thoughts in their head...

Shurik-1960

If you are friends with a soldering iron, you can make yourself a module for any frequency :433, 915,868. I bought 2 modules for 915, easily passed and got a receiver + transmitter for 915. It remains to insert the transmitter into any old remote control . These blocks are cheap on aliexpress and it remains only to flash receivers on your matching code, which you can have just infinitely to 1 transmitter.Here's the video. I am a mechanical engineer by education, but I figured out everything on my own and did it.Good luck.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I've got a 9x with a multi protocol module. The module I have has a dial in the back to select different protocols, no need to change firmware. It has great range.

I has also seen micro AFHDS receivers with PWM on Banggood but have not tried one.

Shurik-1960

I removed the plastic case from my native receivers .The antenna output on the board was smeared with a glue gun . but!! There are no Schottky diodes on the receiver boards that protect against static electricity. All manipulations with receivers without a case should be carried out in natural clothes! Or solder the Schottky diodes (there are places for them on the board near the antenna soldering point)