Help! Turnigy 9X compatable receiver

MaxTheFliteFreak

Hello, I am wondering which brand of receivers can be bound to the turnigy 9x so that I don't have to only use the receiver that came with the transmitter.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Look in the data sheet for AFHDS protocol. Flysky or Turnigy will work, there may be other brands that work.
There are 3 AFHDS flavors, AFHDS (the original), AFHDS2 & AFHDS3. You Tx is likely of the age to use the original but you need to check.

MaxTheFliteFreak

Look in the data sheet for AFHDS protocol. Flysky or Turnigy will work, there may be other brands that work.
There are 3 AFHDS flavors, AFHDS (the original), AFHDS2 & AFHDS3. You Tx is likely of the age to use the original but you need to check.
Thanks, so would an Flysky micro receiver work as well?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, so would an Flysky micro receiver work as well?
You need to check which sub protocol your Tx has. If the Rx is capable of the same sub protocol, then yes it will work.

I have a FlySky 9X transmitter and have used the Turnigy Rx. Both are using the original protocol.

My original 9X will not work on the newer protocols, 2 or 3.

I have upgraded to a Turnigy 9X Pro and added a muiti protocol module. Now it works with nearly everything. Some of the FrSky stuff is a challenge but sofar I've gotten it to work.

Last edited:

MaxTheFliteFreak

You need to check which sub protocol your Tx has. If the Rx is capable of the same sub protocol, then yes it will work.

I have a FlySky 9X transmitter and have used the Turnigy Rx. Both are using the original protocol.

My original 9X will not work on the newer protocols, 2 or 3.

I have upgraded to a Turnigy 9X Pro and added a muiti protocol module. Now it works with nearly everything. Some of the FrSky stuff is a challenge but sofar I've gotten it to work.
Ok