Can't get the super mini ublox7 to get any sats with naze32

Donnut

I've got this baby http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mini-...079561?hash=item3ab1dbddc9:g:pPMAAOSwVL1WA8S1

thinking it's great to have RTH functionallity for just $10 extra for my 250mm.

Well it doesn't get any sats no matter how long I wait.

It's powered from ESC6 of the naze32 and the other 2 cables to go ch3 and ch4 on the board as per the instructions.
In cleanflight configurator GPS is enabled and everything and I see it trying to get a lock but indoors the quality is low.

Well I tried outside today for about half hour and the OSD was always showing 0 sats.

What I'm doing wrong?

RipAir

havent setup gps myself, but i recently stumbled over this https://youtu.be/KTHfsgDMwso
maybe also try download one of those technical gps apps for your phone and double check the number of satellites and theyr signal quality

hope it helps

Donnut

Actually that is the tutorial I followed to set it up :) Painless is great.
It gets it to start seeing the GPS and some sats with bad quality in cleanflgiht configurator indoors.
So I thought outdoors it will be fine, but never got past "sats 0" on the OSD

RipAir

have you tried looking at it outside with cleanflight? sounds like the OSD might be the suspect
as GPS sats tend to be blocked by buildings very well, having the worse (or no) signal outside wouldnt make much sense

ps: assuming your not shifting your quad to supersonic speeds ;)

one more thing that might also be possible (with a certain amount of luck) is that the GPS is placed so that its being blocked by the lipo

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Make sure you have the GPS configured with the right protocol. Some FC/OSD want NMEA, some want UBLOX protocol. I was banging my head on the table for a week with my DALRC QOSD because of that.

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Also what do you mean by connected to ch3 and ch4? Usually the GPS is connected to one UART, and the TX/RX pins go to the same port. What Serial port did you configure in CleanFlight?

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
check the youtube video from the 2nd post, seems he followed that

That's all well and fine, but the video shows using UART2 and says to connect to pins 3 and 4. So I'm trying to figure out why he said he connected to channels 3 and 4 instead of pins 3 and 4. A picture of the FC and GPS would be most helpful. It really sounds as if something is not wired right for starters, or possibly the GPS is not using UBLOX as in the video and another protocol would need to be selected.

Cheers!
LitterBug