Cargoplane - my 2013 loyal and forgiving trusty companion at the airfield

p-air-o

Hi all,

like to show you my trusty cargo plane, I build early this year.
I wanted a plane to experiment with. I needed a carrier for parashutes and a smoke system to be precise ;-)
The smoke system I planed (with rc ignition) didn't work as expected and the smokebombs... well compared to a smoke system on a gas engine ... not nearly as impressive ... dropping parashutes, sweets, flowers an all sorts of stuff was really great...

I crashed it a lot and hard and had to repair it several times... mostly the nose ;-)
The design of the plane was very easy. At the end it is simply a big, long box with tail feathers and a bit of "nose-art".
During the summer it often changed shape, landing gear and got converted to a twin engine.
Some weeks ago I lost a motor in mid-flight, the wing got damaged and the thing went down like a brick with a half wing ;-) Not much to repair unfortunately, even one of the motors is missing ...

I gathered all the video footage I could find and made this little video-memory...
perhapes it will be inspiring and we will have some more cargoplane designs in the future...

Have fun ...
P-AIR-O

FILE0024.JPG FILE0025.JPG