CB2D3DC

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I "Capt Beavis" cut out a design for one of those crazy 2 dimensional 3D planes like the AS3Xtra.

I have two questions.

1. My measurements for the wings and tail portion were off a bit. Will there be issues if the tail extends past the rudder (I know I need clearance for the rudder)? Or should I redo it?

2. What should I look for to find the lightest motor, ESC, Rx and servos?

I just did this because I had the foam board and it seems like an easy thing to cut out. Plus I am on vacation and though I am flying with my kids 3x a day I can't do it every minute.

ExperimentalRC

Technically, its a 3d 3d plane since it has dimensions on the x,y, and z axes. I love the idea of simplicity though. What is the general wingspan and length? It would help a lot with the electronics. If its a similar size to the FT3D then something like the "Beef" package should be enough.

Capt_Beavis

yeah, I know it is still 3D (I am an engineer), but each of the two sections are 2Dish. I haven't seen another name for this style of construction. I would expect that this plane weighs way less than the FT3D. I will have to look at the different packages more closely but I think this think would play on a 1S cell.

Capt_Beavis

I should probably be more specific. The plane is cut out of a single sheet of DTFB and is about 23" long by 20" wingspan.