chaos-Long EZ (70mm EDF, 3D printed) design/build log

chaos23

Updated: 22/01/2021

So a few of you... (you know how you are) arent exactly satisfied with the Draca RC being a bit to... (top shelf? long way off?) lol. Also i need to change it up a bit to keep from burning out, soooooo im starting a simple side project. This is to help me get some experience in designing for 3D printing, and when this plane is ready I will put the files up for sale so you can print your own chaos long EZ.

Introducing the chaos-Long EZ a simple design, simple to print, simple to build plane... well that is the plan anyway. Those of you that are subscribed to my mad channel may have seen the start of this surprise project. you can catch episode 007 of the chaos daily series to catch up.

So Im I'm still developing this design, and have gone through a number of revisions already. Im learning so much about designing these 3D printed planes.

Specs:
--70mm EDF - FMS 70 12 blade pro
-- Elevon design (aileron + elevator canards in later version)
--Wing span- 1050mm
--Length- 830mm
--Sexy

Still in development specs:
-- Air-frame weight 400grams (estimated at 1.1grams cm^3)

Screenshot_68.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_52.png
    Screenshot_52.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_35.png
    Screenshot_35.png
    440.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_36.png
    Screenshot_36.png
    533.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_37.png
    Screenshot_37.png
    994.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

chaos23

keep an eye out for tomorrow's chaos daily 015. Some MAJOR developments happening with the chaos Long EZ-EDF
Screenshot_29.png

chaos23

ummm? LW PLA is OP
Screenshot_34.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_31.png
    Screenshot_31.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_32.png
    Screenshot_32.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_33.png
    Screenshot_33.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 0

chaos23

3rd attempt is coming along nicely, Keep an eye out for today's daily. Some big lessons learned, some excellent feedback from Simon and Lasse. And we all know what happens when "Simon says"
Screenshot_52.png

chaos23

I updated the first post with the latest info I have on the design so far as well as the pictures.

Make you sure you guys are subscribed and hit the notification icon

chaos23

update on the air frame weight, estimates at 400grams now. so that should project the total flying weight at around 1kg.... and the EDF does 2.5kg... ummmmmm
Screenshot_61.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_67.png
    Screenshot_67.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_65.png
    Screenshot_65.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_66.png
    Screenshot_66.png
    225.5 KB · Views: 0

chaos23

Beta testing on the first parts has begun. Photo courtesy of Simon, AKA heliupman who is beta testing the plane using FDM printing. more photos to come as we work out the bugs in each part.
20210124_104233.jpg