Community Build Nites!

earthsciteach

Saturday March, 12 at 8:00 pm EST (earthsciteach time) the very first Flite Test Community Cast Build Nite will take place!
:applause::applause::applause:

The build will most likely be the Mini-Arrow with a possibility of Sparrow. The build will be live streamed on our FTCC youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c-kIBn1Bp-SnOZpJ5aSeA
If you are building along at home, you can post questions as the build progresses using google hangouts.

The build will be led by Ben Greenawalt and directed by Eddie Black, with colorful commentary provided by Dan Sponholz and me. Not sure who else might hang out with us or drop by to say, 'Hi.'

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
What type of build is this?

I.E. if you do a scratch build, will you be cutting and printing and gluing plans to foam board or will you guys be using a speed build kit?

Already put this on my calendar. Very much looking forward to this. Should be an interesting experiment if nothing else

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
If I'm home/free I might be able to join in.

I have my 3S arrow and some bling parts arrived today!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I like the sound of this, but I don't happen to have either of those speedbuild kits on the shelf at home so I really hope this is going to be a scratch build approach. :)

Thanks!

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Yeah, I can't get a speed build kit here on time before the build, but I have some foam and have never tried a scratch build.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Guys, the foam will have to be cut out already. I do agree that a complete scratch build would include printing, tiling, applying the plans to the board, and cutting out. But there isn't much time for doing that on this build. I do think that maybe we can look at doing all of that for a FTCC Build Nite, and we will look into it for sure. I do hope that everyone shows up, this will all be great input for more info for people having issues with tiling and stuff! Keep the great questions coming, we are all excited for the community's involvement in these!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
If we need foam pre-cut, which build is it going to be?

Mini-Arrow or Sparrow?

Thanks!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
From the poll on the Facebook page, it appears to be the Mini Arrow as it is 13-1 winning right now. Not sure when the poll will close, but it's a good bet that it will be the Mini Arrow.

bgfireguy92

Guys my apologies for not getting back on this. Yes it is the arrow. And if you have a SBK to use on it feel free. I scratch build almost exclusively so I cut out the parts today so that I'm ready for this. For the future we will be having guest builders on so its going to require you to cut out your parts ahead of time cause those will not be Flite Test Planes. So if you can cut out the pieces before showtime tomorroow please join us in building along. If you dont have time no worries. Stream us, ask questiions, and just enjoy the show. Thanks.

bgfireguy92

And we're looking into the possibility of having a show were we cover the build process from printing the plans to cutting foam.

JDWells

Guys my apologies for not getting back on this. Yes it is the arrow. And if you have a SBK to use on it feel free. I scratch build almost exclusively so I cut out the parts today so that I'm ready for this. For the future we will be having guest builders on so its going to require you to cut out your parts ahead of time cause those will not be Flite Test Planes. So if you can cut out the pieces before showtime tomorroow please join us in building along. If you dont have time no worries. Stream us, ask questiions, and just enjoy the show. Thanks.

This was my plan. I have no desire to build either plane, but I'll hopefully be tuning in to watch. Cool idea!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Looking forward to hanging out with you guys tomorrow.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Cool. Thanks for the updates. I want a mini-arrow but don't have the kit here yet so I may just build my FT mini-Corsair while streaming the show.

What a great idea guys! It's as close to FliteFest as I can get.

I'll bet if you plan these two weeks out instead of one, the FT store will sell out of the SBK for the model in question.

earthsciteach

Our first FT Community Cast Build Nite kicks off in 40 minutes (8:00 pm EST-3/12/16)!
What is it? This is not meant to be a live, "how-to," video. Josh Bixler does a great job of that already. This is a place where people can come and hang out with others while building. You don't have to build, nor do you have to build the particular thing featured. This is a chance to build, chat and ask questions, if necessary. Its a place where folks can hang, chat, and spend time together regardless of our location.

Here is the google hangout link: https://plus.google.com/app/basic/events/cg5p69gv1al3li47qi2c6hf5jjs

We hope you will drop in and spend some time with folks!

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Our first FT Community Cast Build Nite kicks off in 40 minutes (8:00 pm EST-3/12/16)!
What is it? This is not meant to be a live, "how-to," video. Josh Bixler does a great job of that already. This is a place where people can come and hang out with others while building. You don't have to build, nor do you have to build the particular thing featured. This is a chance to build, chat and ask questions, if necessary. Its a place where folks can hang, chat, and spend time together regardless of our location.

Here is the google hangout link: https://plus.google.com/app/basic/events/cg5p69gv1al3li47qi2c6hf5jjs

We hope you will drop in and spend some time with folks!

Link doesn't work for me. Loads this page:

Untitled.png

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Guys, thanks so much for having me on as a guest host. It was a blast hanging out with you and harassing Ben to keep building. Looking forward to seeing this grow into something really big.