controller issue in my tricopter

alnaader88

hello ;
I'm new here My name Nabil and I'm Happy to join u .
i made my first T-copter but i got problems just to get the motors run together i have seen a lot of youtube videos but still i can't understand why motors not run properly .

i'm using :
- Turnigy 2730 Brushless Motor 1700kv
- TGS Sport 7x6E Precision propeller
- HobbyKing 12A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller
- HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V2.1 (Atmega168PA)
- using R/C Expert built 27MHZ RX&TX till i receive my new Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx V2 .

problems.
1- kk board does it need to be programmed for T-copter??? .
2- motors run together till 50% after 50% one of them run more than others .
3-the Rudder , Aileron & Elevator does not operate if throttle is 0% .
. I have seen many videos the Rudder , Aileron & Elevator operate in tricopter without operate the throttle .. can some one help me with that ???
4- the servo move just one direction when I rise throttle .
4- I checked the motor individual they work ok but through kk board no .

i need your help i don't know if this means the board not work properly or the TX&RX not suitable for the kk Board or the board need to be programmed

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I posted a (long) link to RCExplorer's (David W) site detailing how to flash your board for a tri-copter in my post above. Check it out. :)

I do not know if a T copter can fly on Tri-copter rom but it is possible. It is also possible that there is a T-copter rom available. That old HKv2 board pre-dates my entry into this hobby. I think Dan has one of these.

The KK2.1.5 is a newer/better board than the HKv2. So is the Naze 32. Both are suitable for new pilots. The KK2.1.5 will require a USBASP flash tool with 6 pin adapter to upgrade the firmware. You will want to upgrade the firmware. The KK2 update tool is a Java program. You will need the version of Java for your computer not the version for your browser if your browser is 32 bit and your OS is 64 bit. The Naze 32 connects via Micro USB to a computer. The Naze 32 is controlled via a Chrome app. You will need Chrome to program a Naze 32.

No matter which board you get, it will be microprocessor controlled and use a ROM of some sort. You should always plan to be able to program your board. It is critical to your ability to grow your skillset in the hobby.

The KK2.1.5 will work best with Stevie's firmware. You can get it for free here. The stock firmware on a KK2.1.5 isn't much fun to play with. It is well worth the effort to upgrade. :)