Creality Ender 5 S1

luvmy40

Elite member
The Creality Ender 5 S1 I pre ordered a while back arrived yesterday.

E5S1Boxed.jpg

Due to a family emergency, it will probably be quite a while before this gets assembled and tested.

Inq

Elite member
@luvmy40

I think this is a great idea. Please, when you can, give us a blow-by-blow... why you picked it, assembly woes, first impressions, configuring, etc. You might also reference your skill level. Newbe's to the forum or 3D printing might have drastically different skill levels and think it's a cake-walk if you come through unscathed. :cool:

I've been wanting to pull the trigger and riding fences on a larger printer for my third. I even started to build one from scratch. I was delusional in thinking I could cheaply create a 10' x 10' x 10' CoreXY. My short list was dominated by the Ender 5 Plus for ages. I finally bit the bullet and got something else because it had some features I wanted and had a killer Black Friday sale on it. I received it the following Monday, but similar to you, I've been detained doing more than opening the box. I'll create a similar thread for it.

VBR,
Inq

luvmy40

Elite member
I got the E5 put together yesterday. It was an easy assembly. The printed instructions are very good and easy to follow.
The OS is completely different than the E3 and I am having issues getting OctoPrint to work with it.

The print bed has a significant warp but seems to print well in spite of it. I will contact Crerality CS about the warp.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I got the E5 put together yesterday. It was an easy assembly. The printed instructions are very good and easy to follow.
The OS is completely different than the E3 and I am having issues getting OctoPrint to work with it.

The print bed has a significant warp but seems to print well in spite of it. I will contact Crerality CS about the warp.
Thanks for the update. Very interested to see how it performs compared to your 3.

luvmy40

Elite member
I've done 2 prints with it. A mount for the RasPi and the Benchy from the OEM SD card. Both printed very nicely and the benchy was fast and nearly flawless.

luvmy40

Elite member
I am actually having some problems with the E5 S1 lately. I am trying to print some large enclosure pieces for a main board upgrade on the Ender 3 Pros and I can't seem to get the bed trammed well enough. The right side requires the adjustment screws to be tightend down completely to get the left side to tram correctly. The left side screws are nearly completely loose with little to no tension on the bed cushions. I'm sure this is related to the warp, but I haven't sussed out exactly where the problem is. I am going to recheck all the assembly angles for square and parallel then see if I can shim the left side up enough to even things out better.

BTW, Creality asked me to send proof of purchase and a picture of the serial # sticker in Dec, 2022 and I did, but I haven't heard back from them any further.