David Windestal's mini quadcopter

Halford

looking great!!!.....I still waiting my shipment....So far I only got the 10a esc that I ordered after the main one

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Update:

Through the Xmas hassel, I found a few spare moments and continued with the build of the mini quad.

The plush 10amp esc's fit perfectlty on the 7x7cm plate !
I used this to fit them: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8999
Great stuff ! Heat it up a little and it does the sticky job perfectly.
Miniquad_1.JPG

Some details of the center section.
I used the KK power distribution board.
Love these things .. easy soldering, re-usable and very light as well.
They are great to connect led's as well.

Board is a HK V2.1 flashed to KK's v4.7 in +mode
Some small rubber rings to absorb vibrations.
And used the same 4mm double sided tape to attach the small DSM2 RX on the board.
Total weight incl 850mah 2S lipo : 192gram

Time for the maiden ;-)
Miniquad_2.JPG

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Haha,

great build up you did there!
Tomorrow my bolts should arrive so I can finally build up my Tricopter and the USB ISP programmer as well

The electronics are ordered as well and shouldn´t take too long. Hopefully we´ll both be airborn sooner rather then later!

BTW: Don´t forget to make a vid showing your maiden!

Halford

here they are.... but I cannot get it to work yet...my escs keep on beeping like no signal (beep- 2 seconds- beep... IMG_3658[1].jpg IMG_3660[1].jpg IMG_3661[1].jpg )

Halford

Just Tested... does not fly...not even a bit.. Looool.. it push down instead of up and it shakes all over

Halford

I think power is there... But the motors are not correct... Something wrong in the set up, but I followed closely the instructions.. Have to triple check.
I do as well have a problem with the engines... They start late..very far from simultaneously !!! I can flip it easily as sometime one engine start too late...

Halford

ok, I just found out that engine numbers have changed in v4.7 of xcopter...that helps, I'll test tonight. I just wonder about the propellers order..:D

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Halford, very nice build!
Some questions ..
You are using the HK board, did you flash it to KK's last firmware ?
Is there a solid TX -RX link? When yes, it is the board.
Did you calibrate the throttle range?
Can you make a photo of your board connections?

Halford

thanks, but your is cleaner....I still have to decide how to really fix the top rx.

it's a kk black board, the hk one is for the bigger quad.

I flashed it to latest v4.7 x kaptinkunk firmware. just found out that on this version the motor change order... the link is solid, it respond and no blinking or else....

here are the pictures. for the esc I did some cable soldering..... I hope is not the source of my engine delay.
IMG_3667[1].jpg IMG_3665[1].jpg

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Halford, red wiring looks good and i guess you did the black wiring the identical way. This would mean that the power setup is ok. Sounds to me like a board problem. I noticed that you connected all the red end black esc wiring ! See this photo where only one of the black/red/white connector is connected, the other three esc's only with the signal wire :

foto1.JPG

I cannot see the RX wiring in you photos but this is mine (Flycam KK black board)

foto2.JPG

I hope it helps ..

Halford

Hey Burg, Happy new year!!!!

here is a pic of the connection. I have to put all the cables because on my board the pins are too spaced and cannot be inserted with a horizontal plug:
IMG_3668.JPG IMG_3669.JPG

Halford

update:

cleaned up wires with a custom made so I connect only once the black and red wires. lowered roll, pitch and yaw..... inverted yaw too...made a load default on my escs and now I can hoover!!!

I was not able to set throttle range....does it matter?

I'll post pics later for the new setup ;)

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
looking good!
I was thinking like Burg before, coz all the wiring there seemed a little odd with 4 ESC´s powering up the board or all 4 ports of the receiver having a power input too.

But yo solved so :)