designing the Turbokat from swat kats.

Origashi

as it says i am making the turbokat but i was thinking about something most the plane will work, except the folding wings i mean i know they say its for supersonic mode but for a rc plane i am thinking that would make it drop like a stone thoughts ideas on the wings. everything else seems straight forward (VTOL, moveable boosters, retractable landing gear all easy to work out.) Turbokat.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I looked this up on google since I never heard of swat cats..

Seems it works just like an F 14 does with the sweep wings. There are several already made RC models people have done and they seem to have extended the wing a bit wider perspective wise from the picture you have posted. Looks like the pivot point is a tad further forward as well. Someone else took an F 14 model and decorated it to look like this as well. Maybe starting with a proven F 14 model and modding that would be the better way to go.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Yeah... modify a shumate F-14 and it should be easy to build, even with the swing wing!

Origashi

Well thank you guys very much for all the info and advice , and you guys seen flying ones i seen people that have models but none of them flew.