DH-88 Comet build

cyclone3350

Master member
I'm also kinda jealous over the perfectly skinned cub in the background... I dare not post a pic of my attempted skinning:p

I can't believe I didn't notice the Cub myself until U mentioned it. I am working on a !/4 Clipped winged with a starburst pattern and always looking to see when others have done something similar. I guess I was too distracted by those sexy props.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
I've posted that one before, it has a @Rasterize skin on it. You basically lay the vinyl onto foamboard , cut the pieces out, and when you assemble everything its done , turns out like you see. I think he has 6 different variations you can get printed

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I've posted that one before, it has a @Rasterize skin on it. You basically lay the vinyl onto foamboard , cut the pieces out, and when you assemble everything its done , turns out like you see. I think he has 6 different variations you can get printed
i tried doing mine with a printed set... it didnot work well at all... the paper streched and got stained

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Finally got the rest of what I needed for this a few days ago so I am taking the time to get this done tonight . Servos, ESCs , control horns and pushrods all installed so far leaving just some covers for the nacelle bottoms and paint the spinners. This thing sounds wicked when you spin it up! No differential thrust, waiting to see how it flies to see if it really needs it. I'll post a pic in a bit with the covers and some paint.
IMG_20210920_211935994.jpg
IMG_20210920_212018973_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210920_214814483.jpg