bracesport DLG

bracesport

Legendary member
a bit of progress with the wings - blanks shaped and marked up for LE sanding - tip sanded to reduce the tip thickness (RHS roughed out) - at the moment I have wiped on some epoxy to harden the surface before final sanding - given the aileron hinges are on the top, I think I will thin the underside of the tips a bit too!

IMG_6954.JPG
IMG_6955.JPG
IMG_6956.JPG
IMG_6961.JPG

bracesport

Legendary member
and now with a bit of LE sanding and Epoxy wiped onto the bare foam - I think they will look pretty good! Given my moisture-rich environment, I think I will need to tape the surface - but I will weight beforehand and then decide. :D

IMG_7033.JPG
IMG_7034.JPG
IMG_7035.JPG

bracesport

Legendary member
Overall the wings are pretty sweet - they are flat and quite symmetrical - the tips are a tad thick as I forgot to taper the last 20cm from LE to TE (next time) - there is always room for improvement! :D

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Overall the wings are pretty sweet - they are flat and quite symmetrical - the tips are a tad thick as I forgot to taper the last 20cm from LE to TE (next time) - there is always room for improvement! :D

They look great, they look better then mine :mad:

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - I seriously doubt it, yours will be lighter! my second one taped better as I did the tip before the hinge - I think I should try some shrink film on the next one! :LOL:

I think the upwards deflection looks ok! :D

IMG_7042.JPG

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - Hi Jeff, here are the STL files adjusted to 7.8mm (there will be a bit of shrinkage)! You will have heaps of space in the nose given your aileron servos are in the wing! :D

my new FRsky G-RX8 Rx's are on the way - I will put one into this baby and use the builtin Vario alarm! :LOL:

Regards,
Phil

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 5.45.44 PM.png

Attachments

• fuse - Part 2.stl
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • fuse - Part 3.stl
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • fuse - Part 7.stl
    437.2 KB · Views: 0
  • fuse - Part 16.stl
    126.4 KB · Views: 0
  • fuse - Part 17.stl
    162.8 KB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
Now to find the optimum settings for this new HK PC filament. It wants print temp 265 to 280, my initial setting was 275 but my printer when it got close to it an error came up , (max temp) :) 265 works so I guess 270 or so is my machine max temp.

Tried the vertical mount, it wasn't doing to bad until the last 25% and it let go of the table , flipped it over and now will see how it prints.