DX6i;DX7s or DX8

fear4fun

I have another silly question. Why do the receivers specify that they do not come with Servos? Are there some that do? Specifically I am looking at a store that titles the ad "Spektrum DX7s 7-Channel Radio with AR8000 Receiver (no servos) Mode 2 SPM7800".

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Some transmitters come with rx and servos.
Transmitters from Spektrum can usually be purchased TX only, TX and RX, or TX, RX and servos.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
The old DX7 used to come packaged with a receiver and a nice set of standard sized servos. Ever since then they make a note of having servos or not. I believe they still offer a DX6i microlite package with servos. Everything else should be TX RX only.

DrewLuvsKarin69

if you want full features, 8ch, at a great price, you can't beat a Walkera 2801 Pro Tx/Rx set. The Tx even comes with backlit LCD display, and all for about $150. It looks & fuctions much like a Spektrum DX7.

RickC

I have another silly question. Why do the receivers specify that they do not come with Servos? Are there some that do? Specifically I am looking at a store that titles the ad "Spektrum DX7s 7-Channel Radio with AR8000 Receiver (no servos) Mode 2 SPM7800".

could be wrong here but I remember way back in the good old days every transmitter I looked at came with 1 transmitter, 1 reciever and 4 servos. The first futaba I bought came that way, the first spektrum dx6 I bought came that way and I think that the first transmitter and reciever combo listed on the box "without servos" and that has carried on and become the norm.

RickC

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
FWIW I would pass on the dx6i. I had one and 1 year later the voltage regulator went out rendering it useless. Two of my buddies got one and a year later each of them had one gimbal fail on them. Luckily they were able to cannibalized mine for parts...

3 separate tx with a 100 percent failure rate isn't good.

That said I bought a dx8 to replace it and so far couldn't be happier. I will likely never need everything it has to offer, but it I do its there. The extended model memory, backlight, simple programming and gimbal bearings are worth it alone, not to mention all the other goodies.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Strad,

I know it's too late to do anything different, but did you contact Horizon Hobby?

You pay more for their products for a reason -- their support is *nothing* like HK's. While they won't replace every burnt-out-crashed part (after all, you broke it), they tend to err on the side of the customer if it even hints to a defect.

HK and the like has us so trained for the "they have my money, they'll never help again", it's easy to forget there are some companies that still stand behind their products.