Eachine F4U Corsair

DazDaMan

Elite member
So, following on from the AWESOME that is the Eachine P-51D Mustang, we have the F4U Corsair.

The weather is too windy to fly it just now, but hopefully tomorrow will be better....!

Attachments

• Corsair.jpg
    Corsair.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 0

DazDaMan

Elite member
So, I flew the Corsair for the first time last night, a total of three times - one longer flight, followed by two short ones. I only videoed the last flight, however.

Impressions? It's good. It's really good. It's as good as the P-51 from the same company, except for the fact that the plane does not like the wind as much, compared to the Mustang (although it's not a good idea to fly either of them in winds much above 10mph, I think).

I've only flown it in beginner mode so far, as I do with the Mustang, but it's fun even at that, especially if you use the aerobatics button. One thing I have noticed with both models is that, when you move the stick in the desired direction, the plane will not necessarily fly the move you want - it took me a few attempts to get a loop out of it, even though I was sure the stick was indeed going full back! Rolls? It'll roll until you get sick of it!

In short? Good fun. Get one. Now.

comptonius

So, I flew the Corsair for the first time last night, a total of three times - one longer flight, followed by two short ones. I only videoed the last flight, however.

Impressions? It's good. It's really good. It's as good as the P-51 from the same company, except for the fact that the plane does not like the wind as much, compared to the Mustang (although it's not a good idea to fly either of them in winds much above 10mph, I think).

I've only flown it in beginner mode so far, as I do with the Mustang, but it's fun even at that, especially if you use the aerobatics button. One thing I have noticed with both models is that, when you move the stick in the desired direction, the plane will not necessarily fly the move you want - it took me a few attempts to get a loop out of it, even though I was sure the stick was indeed going full back! Rolls? It'll roll until you get sick of it!

In short? Good fun. Get one. Now.
If you are in beginner mode it limits the throw for the control surfaces, so unless you climb just right and get a timely gust of wind, it is pretty near impossible to do a loop. I love this little plane and ended up getting the P-51 and T-28 to go along with it. With both the F4U and P-51 I find that intermediate mode is the most fun. They are so light that they just get pushed around in advanced mode. Still very much a beginner but these are fun and have my son and I hooked!

Clement

Is it possible to get the F4U Corsair with a 3 bladed propeller? the two bladed propeller makes it look different from the real one