Easy build fast flying wing

Flyer Sean

This is my latest thick airfoil flying wing. Its got a 30in span and a 20% thick airfoil. I am using a 2200mah 3s a 400mah 3s for fpv and a gopro session for a whopping fling weight of 790g. Power is a racerstar 2508 2550kv with a APC 7050e prop and 40 amp ESC. It does between 85 and 90 mph on the flat. The build is like all my other snub nose wings. I did not use a spar in this wing. The middle rib goes halfway down the wing panel. The airfoil is symmetrical I printed the motor mount but it could be made from a stack of foam board and a wood firewall. The thrust line is through the center of the wing.
The Gopro is held with tape to the end of the flight battery and poked out the front of the wing. Its a bit of a pain to retape the cam every battery swap but it only takes a second. This allows for the battery and cam to be slid forward or backward to adjust the CG.
In the short clips you can see this little wing has plenty of power and is a ton of fun to fly. Launching is easy with very little torque roll. Landing is fast it glides like a brick You will want a soft area to fly/crash/land when come down.
little fatty wing panle dim.png

Airfoil fixed dimensions.JPG

CG.JPG

20200906_174416.jpg
20200906_171249~2.jpg

Attachments

• little fatty motor mount.stl
    39.3 KB · Views: 0