Eflite RTF Basic trainer problem

gottaflycfi

Hey everyone. New to the forum. I haven’t flown my rc in years. I have an Eflite RTF basic trainer. I was super excited to get it going today to show my kid a thing or two when I ran into a problem. I only have one Aileron input with two aileron leads to attach. I wasn’t sure if the bind port or the aux 2 was the answer. I tried those. The only thing I got when it binded was one aileron control. That’s not gonna work. Please help. Any advice would be appreciated.

gottaflycfi

hankflies03

You will need a Y harness connector for ailerons on pretty much every plane with ailerons. because you said this is rtf I think it should come with one.🤔

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
That looks like the inside of an Apprentice. Mine has a y lead installed to the receiver and each end connects to a separate lead coming out of the wings. It disconnects because the wing is removable.
So there should be two separate aileron leads coming out of the wing, but you need to find the y harness that the plane came with so that you can get them both connected to the receiver.

Tench745

Master member
Like everyone else has said, you're probably in need of a y-harness. If you have more than a basic transmitter you can set that up to use the Aux 2 channel for the other aileron. But because this is a basic RTF plane, I'm assuming you have whatever bare-bones transmitter came with it.

gottaflycfi

Like everyone else has said, you're probably in need of a y-harness. If you have more than a basic transmitter you can set that up to use the Aux 2 channel for the other aileron. But because this is a basic RTF plane, I'm assuming you have whatever bare-bones transmitter came with it.
No. I have a spectrum dx6. How would I make the aux 2 work? Looking to get a y harness at a local shop tomorrow. It’s been so long. Don’t remember having the wire for it. Which would be easier?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...How would I make the aux 2 work?....Which would be easier?
The Y harness is likely easier.

The alternative is to setup a mix. The aileron is the master and the aux the slave. If you have stability, SAFE, the mix needs to be done on the in the Rx. This will insure the gyros are working correctly. If you don’t have stability, the mix will be in the Tx.