eFlite UMX ASK-21 - Yes, you should, just go get one!

mjcp

So much fun on a slope - big slope, small slope, light wind, stronger wind, just so much fun!

13055311_10154758594102977_3751623035151115558_n.jpg

mjcp

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
"This item is no longer available". Are you sure it's still in production?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Discontinued over a year ago I believe. I think ft did a review with a UMX super cub aerotowing it. I missed out on buying it for 30usd on clearance.

mjcp

Yeah, no longer in production... but worth the hunt on eBay, RC Groups classifieds etc...

like this one (US):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-flite-UMX-ask-21-R-C-sailplane-glider-4channel-BNF-/272216343885?hash=item3f615bc54d:g:GHoAAOSw1DtXFSIZ

or this one (Germany):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-UMX-ASK-21-BNF-AS3X-Raritat-komplett-in-OVP-/201568003337?hash=item2eee63a509:g:198AAOSwubRXHODf

Mine turned up at a swap meet at a local club - £10, bought a couple of batteries for it and an adaptor cable for my charger on eBay for less than £20 - bargain!

Spares are still available, wing + fuse is like £35 the pair.. The expensive part is the Rx... If you buy a fixer=upper, make sure the Rx is working (It has 2 x servos built in to it!)

mjcp

jipp

did you get to try the high start system? did it work well?

reason i ask you can get them for 5.00 on ebay.. may be worth picking one up if they worked for a small FT glider.

i was able to find a couple of new kits still out for for about 130.00 shipped except the on down under.. one was in Australia tho. heh. and i know shipping is murder from the alien parts i ordered. so that one would be more than 130.00 id imagine.

seems this was developed just to be give you a extra reason to buy a UMX Carbon Cub SS? but then that is still for sale the other is not.
seems like they dropped the ball on that even has 5 stars on there own webpage which is normally 4 stars for most products you just can not please everyone :D

chris.
chris.