Where do you fly club, park, or other locations?

Ian8Whit

This is a thread where you can post where you fly and if you could or want to fly somewhere else I am one lucky person not having to travel to fly because I live out on a ten acre plot of land… the only complaint I have is that I dont have a good runway being that my driveway is a gravel driveway so I’m thinking of making a runway using rubber Mats that smooth out bumps (I mostly fly UMX planes because then I can land in smaller areas) but I have one big plane that I keep nosing over because it doesnt have a smooth enough runway although we do have a club here in Cheyenne Wyoming I choose not to go there because its to expensive

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
We have several parks & ball fields that we fly at. If one is occupied we just go to another.
We are not a club, more a bunch of guys who enjoy each others company.

Foamforce

I’m lucky that there’s a public rc flying field about ten minutes away. It’s on top of an old landfill, which is PERFECT. They can’t let trees grow on it because the roots would breach the clay cap and release gas, so they mow the whole area twice a year. Also, they can’t put any buildings with foundations up there, so the land is useless to most everything else, but perfect for us! We’re at the top of the “hill”, with no trees or buildings for 800 feet in front of us and to the sides, and 550 feet behind. The biggest threat is losing a plane in the 4’ grass during the summer. 😀

bearit

Me I live in the Raisin belt in Central California I have a paved runway in every direction every 1/4 mile kinda nice unless you land in a fruit tree, but it makes the pieces easy to recover.

Crashbandit

I’m lucky that there’s a public rc flying field about ten minutes away. It’s on top of an old landfill, which is PERFECT. They can’t let trees grow on it because the roots would breach the clay cap and release gas, so they mow the whole area twice a year. Also, they can’t put any buildings with foundations up there, so the land is useless to most everything else, but perfect for us! We’re at the top of the “hill”, with no trees or buildings for 800 feet in front of us and to the sides, and 550 feet behind. The biggest threat is losing a plane in the 4’ grass during the summer. 😀

I live east of mad town about an hour. Never heard of a public aeromodeling park? What a cool idea. Is there a fee or pass needed? Do you have to sign up online somehow?

Foamforce

I live east of mad town about an hour. Never heard of a public aeromodeling park? What a cool idea. Is there a fee or pass needed? Do you have to sign up online somehow?

There’s a $30 annual permit. You can sign up here.

It’s pretty wet right now with all the rain and snow we’ve been having!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I fly at an AMA FRIA field a mile from my house. (Hilliard, OH) We have areas on both sides of the field for moring and evening flying so there is no flying into the sun. Farm fields all around. The field is leased from a local Farm/Market.

Screenshot_20240404-091850.png

Crashbandit

There’s a $30 annual permit. You can sign up here.

It’s pretty wet right now with all the rain and snow we’ve been having!
Thanks for the info. My plan is to move back to madison when I retire. Went to school there and I have family in Verona. Last name is Coons. Ever heard of them?

Foamforce

Thanks for the info. My plan is to move back to madison when I retire. Went to school there and I have family in Verona. Last name is Coons. Ever heard of them?

Nope, not personally, but I’m from the the Driftless Region to the northwest of Madison.

PS, if anybody is interested, there’s a Facebook group called “Badger Prairie Aeromodelling Park” with a bunch of the guys who fly regularly.